The third day of testing at Barcelona was once again a damp affair. The teams had hoped the weather conditions would improve, but rain in the morning ensured a damp track for the rest of the day.
Felipe Massa, running with revised aerodynamics, topped the timesheets, six tenths of a second ahead of the Red Bull of Mark Webber. The day wasn t all plain sailing for the Brazilian driver though as he slid of the track at Turn 12 just before noon. Luckily he did no damage to his F2008 and was able to continue with testing.
Ferrari s test driver Luca Badoer came in third, just ahead of the RB4 of David Coulthard, and Fernando Alonso s Renault.
The Toyota of Timo Glock brought out the second red flag of the day when he came off the track at Turn 1 mid-afternoon. His car clipped the barriers and did some minor damage to his car.
Unofficial Test Times (20/02/08)
Pos Driver Team Time Laps
1. Massa Ferrari 1:30.673 46
2. Webber Red Bull-Renault 1:31.213 43
3. Badoer Ferrari 1:31.288 33
4. Coulthard Red Bull-Renault 1:31.654 44
5. Alonso Renault 1:31.731 28
6. Rosberg Williams-Toyota 1:31.963 97
7. Glock Toyota 1:32.407 33
8. Trulli Toyota 1:32.571 47
9. Hulkenberg Williams-Toyota 1:33.102 53
10. Nakajima Williams-Toyota no time 33
11. Piquet Renault no time 1