FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By Frontrunner
Not too sure about the Repsol livery during the race, looks like a child with a permanent marker wrote the word repsol and the numbers on the bike, but other than that the Honda were in a class of its own.
By bud
Whois ducatti? :hehe:

Stoner is on fire at the moment, but yeah that livery was fugly hey :hehe:
By Frontrunner
Good to see all the top riders at Motegi this weekend. Anyway I also found out during the Quali coverage that Simoncelli will get a factory Honda bike next year. So 3 factory Honda's next year, Its unlikely now that Dovi will get any factory support from Honda now.
By bud
Good to see all the top riders at Motegi this weekend. Anyway I also found out during the Quali coverage that Simoncelli will get a factory Honda bike next year. So 3 factory Honda's next year, Its unlikely now that Dovi will get any factory support from Honda now.

I didn't get to see Qualifying, factory ride as in a Repsol ride or factory bike to his current team?
By Frontrunner

I didn't get to see Qualifying, factory ride as in a Repsol ride or factory bike to his current team?

Marco will stay on at Gresini Honda but with the same bike as Casey and Dani. I almost missed Quali as I was my main focus on the AFL Grand Final.
By andrew
Ruddy Lorenzo!!! Trying going round the corner next time you tit!!! :irked::hammer:

:blaster:

Ah well, at least Stoner didn't win. Happy with a Pedrosa win. :D
By bud
Stoner did well to save that speed wobble keep the bike uprit and get 3rd. he can afford to lose 4 points to Lorenzo here and there.
By racechick
:banghead: Rossi was on for a good finnish there. He could have been 3rd. Damn! But at least the bikes improving.
Bradley Smith moving up to motoGP next year. he's a big talent. Looking forward to that.
By andrew
Unfortunately the Ducatti is probably as improved as it can be. Ducatti have tried to be too revolutionary with their design and it hasn't worked.

I thought Smith was in Moto2 for a couple more of years before he was moving up (he was babbling on about a 3 year plan wasn't he?)? Must have misheard. Either way he should try proving himself first by winning a championship or 2 before he gets into MotoGP. I think there are other Moto2 rider that should be getting the call up to MotoGP before Smith.
By racechick
Unfortunately the Ducatti is probably as improved as it can be. Ducatti have tried to be too revolutionary with their design and it hasn't worked.

I thought Smith was in Moto2 for a couple more of years before he was moving up (he was babbling on about a 3 year plan wasn't he?)? Must have misheard. Either way he should try proving himself first by winning a championship or 2 before he gets into MotoGP. I think there are other Moto2 rider that should be getting the call up to MotoGP before Smith.

I stand corrected. Bradley will enter moto GP after another year in GP2.
On the talent front though, I think he's right up there. i watched him at Silverstone, stunning drive.

The Ducati, I think is moving in the right direction. It was a big jump in performance last weekend. No reason it should stop.
By andrew
Going by what Steve Parish was saying, Ducati have pretty much taken this years bike as far as they can go without a complete chassis redesign. Certainly it is a lot better than it was at the start of the year but I think they'll soon be (if not already) focussing all their attention on 2012.

Let's just hope that Stoner hops off early in a few races and Pedrosa keeps winning. :thumbup:
By bud
Let's just hope that Stoner hops off early in a few races and Pedrosa keeps winning. :thumbup:

let's ? as in the collective? Lets hope Rossi breaks a leg... :rolleyes:

See our F1 related articles too!