FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
You are correct because a color/paint scheme cannot be considered 'impersonating' as one would have to be sporting 'official' emblems and the 'official' lights cannot be purchased without an official letterhead from one's dept.

Very cool 'Stang though and I wanna drive it :thumbup: !
As a police officer myself he is not impersonating one, check your state laws.

As a police officer, you of all people should know the definition of the word: INTENT
The car is INTENTIONALLY set up to look like a police car. The designation number gives it an "official" look no matter where it is located to those that are not in law enforcement. You lose.

Designation numbers are officially on the roof of the car but for the sake of less hassle's I tend too agree with you, good call .

Are you sure you're in law enforcement? They're not just on the roof for the helicopters like you see in the movies. They are on the bumpers, sides and fronts on a LOT of cars across the nation. Just to educate you, here are some pics:

If you need more, do let me know.

Yeah, wouldn't it need to have lights and a lot more detailing to be considered impersonating a Police Car?

No. Again, it's all about the intent. Impersonation has become a HUGE problem in the U.S. People can actually buy a used police car here with no markings whatever. They then simply buy a fake badge and pull people over at night. The car is painted like a police car, looks like a police car, sounds like a police car.

All one has to do is look at it. It LOOKS like a police car in every way. When asked, the owner would say, "Yes, I'm a cop, so I made it look like a police car". It's OK if he does it. But if you or I do it, you can and more than likely will be ticketed for it. Or worse.

You can't pull a fake gun and pretend to act like someone that is going to rob a store by saying "give me the money". Fake gun or not, it's still armed robbery. It's all about the intent, not what is actually there.
I think you should leave this discussion up to the pro's and actually realize the difference between intent and impersonating :wink: . I don't know all the fine details of Cali's laws but they are not far from Texas laws. :wink:
I think you should leave this discussion up to the pro's and actually realize the difference between intent and impersonating

Oh, gee...

Would that be the police officer that said they only put numbers of the roof? You know...the guy I just proved wrong?

You are the same uneducated person that said, and I quote: You are correct because a color/paint scheme cannot be considered 'impersonating' as one would have to be sporting 'official' emblems and the 'official' lights cannot be purchased without an official letterhead from one's dept.

You are wrong. Maybe that's why you're an EX.

Intent is all that matters.

Riddle me this, know it all:

If a person walks into a night club, and shows a fake ID, and is in fact only 17 years old...what crime are they guilty of?

According to you, they are not guilty of anything because they didn't show any "OFFICIAL" I.D. or any OFFICIAL anything else.

That's what the word "INTENT" is all about, and why it is the single most powerful word in law enforcement. To prove the vast majority of crimes, you MUST show INTENT of that crime.

I await your next post with great anticipation.
Thanks everyone for the compliments, I've been on a three day weekend so I couldn't reply to some of your replies. I think the number question is the car legal?
California state law clearly said you are prohibited from PAINTING your car to resemble a police car, my car is perfectly legal because its vehicle wrap and I've talked to the Police Sargent and the Assistant DA. That being said I got pulled over three times already. First cop let me go after I explained to him the law, second cop said "so you think you can get off based on a technicality?" I said "that's how the law was written", he let me go. Third cop didn't believe me and handed me a ticket. Judge threw out the case, he even gave me a letter to keep in the car. But at the end of the day, its worth it because before the vehicle wrap, I was averaged about 6 clients a month, I already tripled the clients within the first two weeks, for the most part, many cops just drive with a wave. As for having numbers on the car, NOTHING in the law book prohibits from having numbers on your car. I do have a set of police lights coming and yes that's legal too! State law prohibits you from having Blue/Red lights or lens on the road, the lights I have coming are clear lens with clear LED bulbs BUT once you turn them on, its Blue/Red but I will only turn them on offroad only so they are perfectly legal. BTW, I enter the car in the San Jose Police Dept. Car Show to help benefit "The Fallens", took first place. Its priceless seeing how much the kids love the car, especially when I tell them to climb inside for pictures, you can hear them screaming "its a Decipticon" as they run up to the car. I do notice how slow people drive behind me, I am doing 55mph on the freeway and NOBODY passes me up, everyone put their cellphone away, people come to a complete stop at stop signs, pretty damn funny.
I think you should leave this discussion up to the pro's and actually realize the difference between intent and impersonating

Oh, gee...

Would that be the police officer that said they only put numbers of the roof? You know...the guy I just proved wrong?

Show me were I said they are ONLY put on the roofs? As I mentioned Cali may be different than Texas so that is why I mentioned checking state laws. :wink:

You are the same uneducated person that said, and I quote: You are correct because a color/paint scheme cannot be considered 'impersonating' as one would have to be sporting 'official' emblems and the 'official' lights cannot be purchased without an official letterhead from one's dept.

I don't know where you come up with your assumption that I'm an Ex, are you stalking me :yikes: or just lost in admiration?

If a person walks into a night club, and shows a fake ID, and is in fact only 17 years old...what crime are they guilty of?

In the state of Texas they are guilty of 'Misrepresentaion of age by a minor' sec. 106.07 of the Texas Penal code :wink:

According to you, they are not guilty of anything because they didn't show any "OFFICIAL" I.D. or any OFFICIAL anything else.

That's what the word "INTENT" is all about, and why it is the single most powerful word in law enforcement. To prove the vast majority of crimes, you MUST show INTENT of that crime.

I don't need you too school me on the difference between intent and perception simply because that is left up to the courts, you sound like an attorney fresh out of school and ready to conquer the word, man you have a rude awakening coming :hehe: .

Oh, gee...

Show me were I said they are ONLY put on the roofs? As I mentioned Cali may be different than Texas so that is why I mentioned checking state laws. :wink:

I don't know where you come up with your assumption that I'm an Ex, are you stalking me :yikes: or just lost in admiration :cloud9: ?

In the state of Texas they are guilty of 'Misrepresentation of age by a minor' sec. 106.07 of the Texas Penal code :wink:

I don't need you too school me on the difference between intent and perception simply because that is left up to the courts, you sound like an attorney fresh out of school and ready to conquer the word, man you have a rude awakening coming :hehe: .

Now before you piss anymore on bmwpower's thread you can always take it to PM (hence the forum guidelines :wink: ) viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8341

Sorry bmwpower we have a new :censored: who want's too be a 'keybored :wink: ' warrior so I hope she is mature enough too take her arguement to me via pm so we can enjoy your car :) , not like I will even respond :hehe: but she can try.

For all you know tex, he might look a lot like the guy in your avatar! :hehe:

I thought it was a female :confused: ??
Last edited by texasmr2 on 22 Feb 11, 04:48, edited 1 time in total.

Oh, gee...

Leave our Tex alone, :cry: What's wrong with you people? :cry: Leave him ALONE :cryfloods::cryfloods:®Chris Crocker
texasmr2 wrote: "Sorry bmwpower we have a new who want's too be a 'keybored ' warrior so I hope she is mature enough too take her arguement to me via pm so we can enjoy your car , not like I will even respond but she can try."

Don't worry about it Tex, half the stuff she wrote is very incoherent to the rest of us. I don't know why people just love to pick a fight for no damn reason, but if you pick a fight, pick a smart one and never with an Adm. Its like picking a fight with your waiter, you know they gonna spit in your food. :director:
I hope she is mature enough too take her arguement to me via pm so we can enjoy your car :) , not like I will even respond :hehe: but she can try.

Actually, it's impossible to send you a PM.
I'm sure TacoMac has good intentions so I don't want our banter to be a negative thing just because we have a difference of opinion. We started straying from your topic/car ,which is great imo, and I hope it leads too more business for you. Sorry for contributing to the OT stuff and best to you bro :wink: .

tex

I hope she is mature enough too take her arguement to me via pm so we can enjoy your car :) , not like I will even respond :hehe: but she can try.

Actually, it's impossible to send you a PM.

My bad JB I fixed it so incase you would like to converse and shoot the crap please feel free to pm me now, sorry for the inconvience. :)

tex

See our F1 related articles too!