FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By darwin dali
Has everybody seen the news bit about women in the Toyota team? About 13% of the staff are women with some of them having crucially important functions.
Now, I'm all for women's rights, equality, breaking the 'glass ceiling', etc. BUT! I have to question the timing of Toyota's 'PR campaign': Toyota currently sucks as probably never before in their short F1 history and NOW they publicize their women's role in the whole operation? That's one step towards laying blame on them, at least in the eyes of many hardcore macho F1 fans I imagine.
By madbrad
Is 13% a lot in an F1 team? Sounds like a small proportion. In the teams' home bases, it's just like any other business. There are women there. there always have been. Where's the news in this?
By Marco
I think he's saying that Toyota's poor performance (have they ever had a good one) is due to the high proportion of women in the team. Given Ralf's bitchen I think he could well make up part of that 13%!
By darwin dali
13% seems pretty high for F1.
And no, *I* am not saying that the women are responsible for Toyota's poor performance, but the news release could be construed as laying blame on them. It just seems untimely.

See our F1 related articles too!