FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By nitanitro
I know, it's like they were just teasing us with 3 races after a 5 month break :x I'm sure they used to be every 2 weeks pretty regularly.
By darwin dali
The long break is probably because of San Marino. They were keeping it open in case San Marino gets its act together - didn't happen, so we have a long break.
By Marco
I thought Imola was off the calender full stop?
By darwin dali
It is, but it wasn't back then when they figured out the calendar. There was still hope for it, slim, but real.
By Marco
That was a quick reply. Will you miss Imola?
By darwin dali
Not really. Together with Hungary, it's probably ranking lowest on my totem pole. And if scrapping Imola helps keep Spa on the calendar, then by all means let it die.
By diesel
bigger breaks this season for sure. Last season i am almost sure there was only 1, 3 week break just after half way threw the season.

not sure why its like this but dont care. I miss my F1 even thought itv sport coverage sucks bottom
By Stephen
not sure why its like this but dont care. I miss my F1 even thought itv sport coverage sucks bottom

Yup, totally agree! :)
By diesel
this season is a mess on itv, i was sitting waiting for F1 Sunday to start at the last week and i was thinking how long it would takes for Lewis to get his name said, it was about the 6 word in. after that i just kinna phased out untill the race.

dont get me wrong, hes a excellant driver but ffs gonr shut up for 5mins
By Stephen
Yup, and I love the way ITV say 'here's the press conference with all the drivers', Alonso and Hamilton have their say, then the camera switches to Kimi and ITV cut to Hamilton's Dad.

Yes, he's a great talent and yes he's British - but I don't want to hear anything more about him. James Allen may have a penchant for the wee lad now that Michael Schumacher has left, but why should the viewing public have to put up with seeing the same driver (and his Dad) week in week out.
By Red Five
ITV say that if they feature him prominently they'll drag in the casual viewer that thinks a Briton has the chance to do well, but all they're really doing is putting people off both Lewis and F1, which is a shame as it's an exciting time for both!

As for the original question, it wouldn't surprise if there were longer gaps between races this year so that Bernie can say to the teams "See, I told you there was room in the schedule for 20 races, now shut up and sign this!"
By Marco
ITV say that if they feature him prominently they'll drag in the casual viewer that thinks a Briton has the chance to do well, but all they're really doing is putting people off both Lewis and F1, which is a shame as it's an exciting time for both!

As for the original question, it wouldn't surprise if there were longer gaps between races this year so that Bernie can say to the teams "See, I told you there was room in the schedule for 20 races, now shut up and sign this!"

Summed the whole thing up nicely, thats exactly how i feel. :(:roll:
By 7UpJordan
Yup, and I love the way ITV say 'here's the press conference with all the drivers', Alonso and Hamilton have their say, then the camera switches to Kimi and ITV cut to Hamilton's Dad.

That's because Kimi will send everyone to sleep whilst he talks about how many times he went to the bog. :P
By darwin dali
The boss of the Swiss-German squad BMW Sauber echoed the sentiment of the majority of F1's travelling circus, which argues that such a long break would be better suited for a point later in the season, when it makes more sense to have a rest.

The gap in the calendar emerged after Imola lost its provisional spot.

"Four weeks is too long," Theissen said. "Three would have been better."

See our F1 related articles too!