FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Dedicated to technical discussion...
I cant see Pirelli suffering any negative effect as being F1 supplier. I worked in the tyre game for 3yrs as a wheel aligner,my experiance was.... joe average is motivated by cost alone,they will put absolutley any rubbish brand on their vehicle as long as its cheap,there is no brand loyalty at all!! People who know F1, motorsport in genral, or who are interested in cars and modifing all know better than to make a direct comparason between a Pirelli(or Bridgestone) F1 tyre and a street car tyre.
Hopefully Pirelli might become known as the supplier that brought some excitment back in to the rubber aspect of F1!!
I think Pirelli is being told what to do, they could have done anything they wanted as far as compound, I'm sure they can put together one set that goes full race distance with ease. In this case, the FIA told them to really differentiate between the compounds (spped and wear) and to induce the need for additional pit stops which they've very much complied with.
They are just doing what they are told to... Pirelli were always good tyres... We just have to wait and see how the teams and drivers handle them...
I'd think the prestige of being the sole tire supplier for the pinnacle of motorsports should make up for any ill feeling that might arise in some, i.e., the PR value (and thus, sales) tracing back to the F1 involvement would far outweigh the potential loss of people being apprehensive about durability of Pirelli tires on their private cars.
I'd think the prestige of being the sole tire supplier for the pinnacle of motorsports should make up for any ill feeling that might arise in some, i.e., the PR value (and thus, sales) tracing back to the F1 involvement would far outweigh the potential loss of people being apprehensive about durability of Pirelli tires on their private cars.

Does Pirelli make a 185/70 R 13 all season tire for a 49 dollars or 188.88 installed when you buy a set of 4?

Anyway, over the last year, I've gone Continental. :D

Does Pirelli make a 185/70 R 13 all season tire for a 49 dollars or 188.88 installed when you buy a set of 4?

Anyway, over the last year, I've gone Continental. :D

Yo shure it not regimental?
I cant see Pirelli suffering any negative effect as being F1 supplier....

If it's such a sweet deal, why did Bridgestone bail?

I'm sure not having a Japanese manufacturer help speed up their decision. But they bailed because it costs beau-coup bucks.

I'm sure not having a Japanese manufacturer help speed up their decision. But they bailed because it costs beau-coup bucks.

So, ...in other words, it isn't such a sweet deal.

So, ...in other words, it isn't such a sweet deal.

Some people just like it bittersweet. Didn't you watch the Matrix?

See our F1 related articles too!