FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By texasmr2
What show is it?

They race a HALO jumper in the pickup, has the Merc SLS, Kid Rock is the guest...

I asked what show it is because you said you are watching 'a' show not the show. I can't remember what channel it is on :hehe: but I cannot stand Kid Rock so no loss.
By scotty
Erm... i thought by posting in the AMERICAN TOP GEAR thread anyone reading my post would have been able to put 2 and 2 together! :P:hehe:
By texasmr2
Erm... i thought by posting in the AMERICAN TOP GEAR thread anyone reading my post would have been able to put 2 and 2 together! :P:hehe:

Since there had been mention of other shows such as Fifth Gear I could not find the other 2 :hehe: , sorry.
By The_Stig_Money
Each episode gets alittle bit better, (with the exception of Kid Rock)

The Ford Raptor was pretty cool, people pay $40,000 for a brand new truck anyway, might as well buy a Baja truck

I figured out that Tanner Foust just puts on the white racing suit and becomes the Stig, JK
We had different takes on the episode... which just goes to show a difference of opinion out there. I hope they do well enough to warrant a second season. Tanner and Rutledge are actually working for me, but Adam Ferrara just feels dry in his deliveries. The segments have felt a bit boring. I'm not a kid rock fan but he worked well in the celebrity segment.

My complaint with the show so far has been that it just feels as if they're reading off of a script handed to them. The jokes don't feel like they're being generated on the spot by a host, they just feel like a sit com more than guys standing around ranking on each other.

I want to completely disengage from my expectations and treat this like its own show, but they make it difficult. The segments haven't been funny and there is just little chemistry. I can count on one hand how many times I chuckle watching this, where there are TG episodes like the camper show... err sorry caravan show they did last season that had me peeing my pants.

I really want this to succeed but I fear that the recipe they're using this first season may not be enough to get them signed for a second season. I'd love the sow to come into its own and be "the" American top gear, instead of the "American" version of top gear.

The need to get rid of Ferrara, give Rutledge and Tanner more interaction together and let them just talk on stage less scripted and forget that there's another show on the other side of the Atlantic.

There was a show I forgot which one, but I think it may have been the previous week, where I swear they used a laugh track because the audience just wants laughing at some of the punch lines.
By Fred_C_Dobbs
It was clear they hired professional joke writers to punch up the script for the two most recent episodes. Unfortunately, they didn't see their way clear to script the entire show.

The Morgan review that began yesterday's episode showed once again that Tanner Faust has no talent for comedy and very little gift for gab. Perhaps he needs to go to Ireland on holiday and kiss the Blarney Stone. Too bad he can't trade some of that hyperinflated ego for a personality.

It doesn't help their cause when their shows are such obvious parrots of the UK originals. Or like yesterdays, which was a combination (a portmanteau?) of two original Top Gear episodes, the Ferrari Daytona vs speedboat race along the French Riviera and Cessna vs Veyron from Italy to London. Not only does the original have its own licensed pilot, one of the crew even drove the speedboat for a bit. Two of the three American hosts were nothing more than passengers in yesterday's "race."

James May, BTW, suffered a concussion while filming in Syria two days before Christmas.
By F1er

It doesn't help their cause when their shows are such obvious parrots of the UK originals..

Thats what I hate the most!! Dont these people have personalities?

I would have hired Johny Knoxville,Bam Margera and Steve-O
By hounddub
As an Aussie I have to say that after 6 episodes of this US Version of Top Gear I'm pretty impressed.

My only real gripes are that the "challenge" episodes seem to be exact replicas of the UK ones with not a lot of creativity on adapting these for local use.

However, Rutledge really works well as the "good ol boy" and Ferrara represents the "I love everything old"....but Tanner is not really experienced enough yet to see his true personality yet.
By The_Stig_Money

That would be a good show, good luck getting insurance!
By robisf1
if its not hosted by Clarckson, Hammond, May and Stig its not Top Gear anymore :nono:
if its not hosted by Clarckson, Hammond, May and Stig its not Top Gear anymore :nono:

Hmmm, I agree on the first three, but how do you know we don't have the same Stig?!?!
By F1er

That would be a good show, good luck getting insurance!

Insurance? :hehe:
you dont think something would happen to Steve-o driving a Veyron @ 260mph :)
By stonemonkey
Each episode gets alittle bit better, (with the exception of Kid Rock)

WTF is going on with the scale there, it looks like when a kid puts a starwars figure driving an action man car. Is that guy really really small or is the raptor just ridiculously big?
By The_Stig_Money
WTF is going on with the scale there, it looks like when a kid puts a starwars figure driving an action man car. Is that guy really really small or is the raptor just ridiculously big?

Is that a american fat joke?

I have a full size truck and feel cramped sometimes, 6'2'' 180lbs

See our F1 related articles too!