FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By F1er
Nothing works like the original! Total fail :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

So don't watch it, nuff said :wink: !

Thanks to BBC America I dont! Prefer originality compare to wanna/trying to be ones! :wink:
By texasmr2
Nothing works like the original! Total fail :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

So don't watch it, nuff said :wink: !

Thanks to BBC America I dont! Prefer originality compare to wanna/trying to be ones! :wink:

So your saying you have never seen TopGear yet trash a version that is trying to appeal to a different market segment?
By scotty
THere was another show called Fifth Gear trying to copy Top Gear,any1 know what happened to it ??? :nono::nono:

Still going - sometimes i go on their site to check out the videos, here: http://fwd.five.tv/fifth-gear
By Fred_C_Dobbs
Fifth Gear appeals to an entirely different demographic. It is a legitimate auto review programme, and it succeeds at being car-centric because the majority of its presenters are legitimate racing drivers.

Top Gear is a comedy programme. It is Jeremy Clarkson-centric and the automobiles are a movable backdrop. They would be successful regardless of whether they were reviewing automobiles or fishing tackle or vacuum cleaners because JC, et al., are funny chaps and play well off each other.
By The_Stig_Money
There last challenge was weak because there was only 1 destructive mongoliod

Next weeks episode looks good, basically there taping guns to the side of there cars trying to sell them to the Army
By stonemonkey
Tiff from fifth gear used to be on top gear, went looking on youtube and found this, LOL @ Clarkson from 20 years ago.

[youtube]a_DgKvc3l0w[/youtube]
By The_Stig_Money
Tiff from fifth gear used to be on top gear, went looking on youtube and found this, LOL @ Clarkson from 20 years ago.

That was funny, Jeremy looks about 40 years old back then

It is not the same as the UK TG or USA TG, thats why i like it.....old school TG
By scotty
As a show in it's own right (ie, ignoring the fact that it's not an original and so on), is this worth a watch? I haven't seen any clips or anything myself...
By texasmr2

Class video all around :clap: and I'll be dreaming of the Sierra RS500 tonight, what a spectacular car it was.

As a show in it's own right (ie, ignoring the fact that it's not an original and so on), is this worth a watch? I haven't seen any clips or anything myself...

If your a car enthusiast any auto show imho is worth giving a try atleast once or twice. There is normally always something to be liked yet it's difficult for some to adjust their opinions after watching the original version for so many years.
By The_Stig_Money
^ Thats a real test in the south. We dont measure the trunk in cubic feet, we use mason jars.

The rest of the world is going to think that America just has cadillacs laying all over the place

A stock truck would have been perfect for those tests
By scotty
I'm watching a show now - the one with this crazy Ford Raptor pickup. It's not so bad, but the humour seems so forced... which is slightly offputting. I reckon they'd actually be better off trying to do their own thing rather than copy the original, and that might well happen over time. Still watchable though, i think. :)

OH, and i keep having to go onto google to convert things like car weight whenever it's mentioned - you lot need to get out of this imperial stuff and into the 21st century already :D:P
By scotty
What show is it?

They race a HALO jumper in the pickup, has the Merc SLS, Kid Rock is the guest...

See our F1 related articles too!