FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By Fred_C_Dobbs
I have to admit it was better than I expected. ...

Dear god, I can't imagine how bad you must have been expecting it to be.

...Carry the post... is it an Olympic sport like synchronized swimming? I've no clue what it is but it sounds "dirty" to me. :D...

Sorry, it should have been carrying the post, like what your postman does.

My point was that just because it inspires (or requires) fitness, that by no measure makes it a sport. Ballet, for instance. No one in their right mind would consider ballet a sport. Or synchronized swimming. Or drifting.
By madbrad
Paul Tracy is a douchebag.

Wheres your Canadalistic pride?

I'm ashamed to be Canadian when I think of this pompous twit. He's even from the same postal district as me. Literally within 10 miles. The thrill from West Hill! More like the pill from West Hill!
By The_Stig_Money
Sure this show seemed awkward... But remember the first season of Top Gear with Jason and his long winded, boring car buying tips? Or how about James Mays first show! lol

I have the first episode on my computer and it does lack alot but they did progress over the years, as i hope Top Gear USA does also.

I think they should bring in Brett Wagner for season 2
By F1FanUSA
Sure this show seemed awkward... But remember the first season of Top Gear with Jason and his long winded, boring car buying tips? Or how about James Mays first show! lol

I have the first episode on my computer and it does lack alot but they did progress over the years, as i hope Top Gear USA does also.

I think they should bring in Brett Wagner for season 2

Don’t forget that that "first" episode of Top Gear was hardly the true "first episode"... Jeremy had been doing the "old" Top Gear since 1988 and was already VERY famous and the show was already VERY established to the audience.

True these American Top Gear guys have done a smattering of other TV car shows here and there but nothing like the name and face recognition Jeremy already had back in 2002.
By Fred_C_Dobbs
This week's episode was less horrible than lasts, but still horrible nonetheless. The bit with the blind chap driving was mildly entertaining. And they managed to make the studio audience laugh ...once ...so good on 'em.

The debut episode drew 1.2 million viewers, about half what they'll need to remain on the air. I hope they haven't already paid the cast for all 10 episodes.
I think the part about the blind drifter felt more entertaining because it was new... we hadn't seen that before. But the race with the EVO against the skiers felt dull, rehashed. Adam Ferrara is not working out well for me. Rutledge Wood & Tanner Foust have potential but their dialogue just feels a bit scripted, and delivered to the audience instead of it feeling like it was just guys talking to guys.
By darwin dali
instead of it feeling like it was just guys talking to guys.

How about a different approach altogether?

How to Talk Like a Valley Girl

Speak with what linguists call a high rising terminal. That means end your sentences with a rising intonation. It's as if you're asking a question with every statement you make.

Say the word "like" at least once in every phrase you say. For example, "She like totally went to the store, and like got some totally grodie milk."

Use the words "totally" or "way" in place of the words "very," "really" or anywhere in the sentence where it can add some emphasis. For example, "The milk is way creamy and is way too grodie to drink."

Get used to being annoyed with people who are not as cool as you are. If someone asks you to do something you don't want to do, is doing something you don't approve of or is flat out wrong, respond with "as if." For example, "You want me to like go to the store and like buy some milk? As if!"

Add that little something extra to any refusal or negative statement by including the words "duh" or "what-ever." Be sure to pause slightly between "what" and "ever." For example, "Duh! Why would you get grodie whole milk? What-ever, that is the worst milk ever."

Fill in any empty moments with the words "so," "OK," "you know" or "something." These words don't add too much to the meaning of what you're saying, but you definitely sound like a valley girl.

Learn the different words for things that are good or bad. Some words that mean good or great include: awesome, bonus, classic, excellent, gnarly, killer, major, rad, stoked and sweet. Some words that mean bad or gross include: barf, bogus, buggin, gag me with a spoon, grodie, no way and sketchy.

Rent some movies like "Clueless" or "Wayne's World" to hear how a valley girl talks. Listen to the way the words are used and the emotions behind them. When you're feeling ready, take the plunge and start speaking it in public.

Practice makes perfect. The more you practice, the better you'll get at talking like a valley girl. If you sound like a poser at first, take a chill pill. You'll be rad soon enough, for sure.
By texasmr2
:yes:
The show is only bad to the self imposed 'professional' critics who only accept one version, expand your minds for christ sakes :irked: !
By Fred_C_Dobbs
The show is only bad to the self imposed 'professional' critics who only accept one version, expand your minds for christ sakes :irked: !

There is only one version. Even the bleedin' coffee table is identical "for christ sakes :irked: !" The shows differ in only two respects: the chaps who are behind the microphones and how entertaining they are.
By texasmr2

There is only one version. Even the bleedin' coffee table is identical "for christ sakes :irked: !" The shows differ in only two respects: the chaps who are behind the microphones and how entertaining they are.

So don't watch it, simple and secure. :wavey:

You don't have to criticize the critics. I'm watching it in order to give it a fair chance and know what to say in a discussion on a forum about the show. If you've loved the show so far, that's great. Perhaps it will get enough ratings to keep it in production.

In this case, since I didn't love the show as is, I'm critiquing not criticizing. That means I'm hoping that it improves and like other shows that are a copy of an original, develop and grow into their own personality. :D
By texasmr2
You don't have to criticize the critics.

Why not, aren't we all critics and don't I have a right to express my opinion just like the critics your protecting? Also my reply was not directly directed at you. I'm watching it, when I remember, simply for entertainment and not judging how it compares to the original. Whatever happened to just watching a show for it's content, it now seem's the host are more important than the context :( .

Some call it progression but I call it regression.
By Bubbie
I have only had a chance to watch the first episode, but I have to say I am going to give it a marginal pass. There was some good ribbing going on between the hosts that Tanner got beat. Seems to me though that they need to focus on the cars a little more. TG was always silly, but they started off mostly on the cars. I also want to see more films from them - but I want actual individual films, not a film that becomes a challenge. They should get some of the race from here to there challenges into the mix as well to really get people excited.

I still think they need to get someone on there with a larger personality for the other two to really beat on. Someone who is completely politically incorrect and loves to poke fun at everything, including himself. They could replace the guy from Rescue me, he seemed the weakest of the three to me. Just yelling the F word every gear change as he was doing his standing mile wasn't as enlightening as it could have been.

One last nit to pick. They need to fix the track. Each corner blends into the next and doesn't have much to call any corner special. It was also kinda cheesy how they had to do it with cones and the like instead of lines on the tarmac, but that may change when they get a long term lease. Also it seems that the camera guys need to go and do some training with the folks from TGUK because the challenge with the helicopter was terribly shot and strung together.

Overall I give it a 6/10. Looking forward to more.
By texasmr2
Nothing works like the original! Total fail :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

So don't watch it, nuff said :wink: !

See our F1 related articles too!