FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By texasmr2
Paul Tracy is a douchebag.

So anyway the show has potential imo.
I'd agree, potential. There has to be considerably more chemistry between the hosts still, but that's something that will only develop over time. Some of the lines were clearly scripted.

It's certainly watchable, so let's see where it goes. I was a bit bored during the Lambo segment, but the other things were ok. it was cool seeing Buzz Aldrin behind the wheel.
By texasmr2
It was cool seeing Buzz Aldrin behind the wheel.

Yes that was cool, 26,000 mph :yikes::drink: !
By The_Stig_Money
It was cool seeing Buzz Aldrin behind the wheel.

Yes that was cool, 26,000 mph :yikes::drink: !

They were in the most advanced and complex machine mankind has ever made.

F1 cars are a close second
By Bubbie
Can't wait to get my hands on a copy of this to check it out. I am one of the folks that thinks TG is nothing without Clarkson, but I will give it a go. Hopefully there will be someone as bullheaded and politically incorrect on the US version.
Can't wait to get my hands on a copy of this to check it out. I am one of the folks that thinks TG is nothing without Clarkson, but I will give it a go. Hopefully there will be someone as bullheaded and politically incorrect on the US version.

I think a majority is owned by Disney so don't hold your breath on that politically incorrect wish.
By Bubbie
Thanks WB... Crush my hopes before they even get going.

When is the next season (series) of TGUK going to be on? And I hope it is longer than 6 episodes.
By Fred_C_Dobbs
At least Paul Tracy can drive without showing his arse to the breeze.

Drifting is the synchronized swimming of motor sports.
By texasmr2
I have seen Tanner beat Paul on several roadcourses in their other show SuperCars. I like PT because he's a NBS kinda guy and racer.

Synchronized swimming requires more more physical conditioning than most garden variety professional sports. :)
By Fred_C_Dobbs

Synchronized swimming requires more more physical conditioning than most garden variety professional sports. :)

Carry the post requires more physical conditioning than most garden variety professional sports but that hardly makes carrying the post very sporting.

Carry the post requires more physical conditioning than most garden variety professional sports but that hardly makes carrying the post very sporting.

Carry the post... is it an Olympic sport like synchronized swimming? I've no clue what it is but it sounds "dirty" to me. :D

Wait, is it those big burly Scottish guys lifting the huge tree trunk sized phallus and walking it a certain distance? Very homoerotic, similar to the WEC having a large chunk of it's fan base being gay men.

Carry the post... is it an Olympic sport like synchronized swimming? I've no clue what it is but it sounds "dirty" to me. :D

Wait, is it those big burly Scottish guys lifting the huge tree trunk sized phallus and walking it a certain distance? Very homoerotic, similar to the WEC having a large chunk of it's fan base being gay men.

EDIT: if you noticed, I defended synchronized swimming, I didn't defend drifting.
By F1FanUSA
I have to admit it was better than I expected. I have seen every UK Top Gear since the restart in 2002.

Sure this show seemed awkward... But remember the first season of Top Gear with Jason and his long winded, boring car buying tips? Or how about James Mays first show! lol

I think we need to give it a chance. As far as them copying the ideas verbatim from UK Top Gear, the America Office did that their first few shows too. I remember a lot of the lines were straight out of the UK Office. Yet it has gone on to be one of the funniest shows on TV and has one 3 Emmys.

See our F1 related articles too!