FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By stonemonkey
Not dozens, only four prominent ones were outright thefts. I think the best known was All In The Family. Yes, Three's Company was another, as was Sanford and Son. And The Office. ......

Red Dwarf?
By Fred_C_Dobbs
Not dozens, only four prominent ones were outright thefts. I think the best known was All In The Family. Yes, Three's Company was another, as was Sanford and Son. And The Office. ......

Red Dwarf?

That one was an outright theft, granted, but they botched it so badly even the pilot was canceled.
By stonemonkey

Red Dwarf?

That one was an outright theft, granted, but they botched it so badly even the pilot was canceled.

Just watched the pilot on youtube, that ranks up there with Turkish Starwars for foreign remakes.
I've got this set to record tomorrow and I'll watch it with an open mind.
By The_Stig_Money
I watched the series premier last night and it was ok. I give it 3 out of 5 thumbs up.

They showed some previews of the next couple of episodes and it looks like alot of top gear challenges done with american vehicles rather then british. And of course all the $200,000 + supercars that i will never afford.

I would like to see them take a road trip to the UK and try to get each other shoot and killed. LOL

The host are alot funnier then i thought they would be
By Stealthgate007
I watched this last night too, and it was ok... The more car shows the better. However, they have a ways to go before they become icons..

But there are other shows that the US has blatantly robbed from the UK

Skins - There is going to be an American version of it.. I don't know if it will work.. Brit teens are more freaky than American teens. LOL jk

Being Human - Its going to appear on SyFi as an "original" show.
By bud
I'm not a fan of the Australian Top gear, I prefer to watch the British guys. The concept of the show being popular isn't really about the cars so to speak, what makes it work is the presenters!

Stealthgate you can throw in US remakes of British shows like

The Office

Life on Mars

dont think they worked too well.
By Fred_C_Dobbs
P.U.

It was Motor Trend driving supercars. The dialogue was banal and the car talk completely forgettable. As a comedy it wasn't funny and as automotive commentary it wasn't compelling. It might as well have been Faust's Supercars Revealed hosted by the Tanner triplets except for Buzz Aldrin (and even that bit managed to make the second man on the moon look like a doddering old fool).

As someone wiser than me once said, no JC, no Top Gear.

No, wait, ...that was me.
By Stealthgate007
I'm not a fan of the Australian Top gear, I prefer to watch the British guys. The concept of the show being popular isn't really about the cars so to speak, what makes it work is the presenters!

Stealthgate you can throw in US remakes of British shows like

The Office

Life on Mars

dont think they worked too well.

The Office,... Yeah you can say that one worked well over here, but Life on Mars didn't..

I wouldn't have known if I didn't have BBC America..
By texasmr2
I caught the show lastnight and was not highly disappointed and was surprised how much the show calls upon the original, I enjoyed it.
Last edited by texasmr2 on 22 Nov 10, 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
By The_Stig_Money
The first couple of minutes were tense, like they were going to get cancelled during a comercial, but the presenters lightened up and started to crack jokes by then end of the show.

The Office has come along way from when it first aired in america, hopefully so will Top Gear.

I allready know who the american stig is.... Paul Tracy JK
By Stealthgate007
The first couple of minutes were tense, like they were going to get cancelled during a comercial, but the presenters lightened up and started to crack jokes by then end of the show.

The Office has come along way from when it first aired in america, hopefully so will Top Gear.

I allready know who the american stig is.... Paul Tracy JK

I though you were the American Stig,..Stig_Money! Hahahaahaaa. But Paul Tracy and Tanner in the other show they had, I could see that.. He should be wiping Tanner up in the road courses, but it just seems he drives just alright.. :confused:
By texasmr2
Tanner and Paul also compete on another show which I believe is called SuperCars on Speed and if Tanner is faster it is usually because the car is more of a drift circuit whip rather than a true roadcourse whip. I like watching them both but actually wish they had more of an English sense of humor sometimes although I care and focus more on the cars than the host.

See our F1 related articles too!