FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By chafila
How do i turn in Javascripts in google chrome? I just downloaded Google chrome cause i hate Internet Explorer and Firefox. But i cant do much because i cant figure out how to turn the Java scripts on . I just downloaded the latest version of them too, so i know its not that. How do i turn them on?
By vaptin
Towards the top right of your screen press the spanner , from the resulting menu press options. In the options screen tabs, the furthest one to the right called "under the bonnet". Press that and go to content settings. Navigate to java script.
By texasmr2
Is the chrome really that much better tham the regular GOOGLE? I tried downloading it but got alittle confused about the process and just deleted it.
By vaptin
Is the chrome really that much better tham the regular GOOGLE? I tried downloading it but got alittle confused about the process and just deleted it.

Wha? Google chorome's an internet browser, googles a search engine.
By texasmr2

I'm not a computer guy so the difference between the two is unknown too me.
By vaptin

I'm not a computer guy so the difference between the two is unknown too me.

It's ok, what program are you using at the moment to view this webpage? Internet explorer? Chrome is just Googles version of that.
By vaptin
Just Google?

Work with me tex, close your browser (hit the cross on the top right of your screen), now to open it again, whats the name of whatever you click on?
By texasmr2
It says "search powered by Google" does that help?
http://www.google.com/

My bad "Windows Internet Explorer" :hehe: .

From what the Chrome windows says about it is that it will speed up search performance and one or two other things. I'm satisfied with my computers performance yet I'm really just kinda curious abouth the Chrome and not that I will change simply for the fact that I do not try to 'fix what is not broken' and do not need the latest and greatest updates and doodads.
By vaptin
It says "search powered by Google" does that help?
http://www.google.com/

My bad "Windows Internet Explorer" :hehe: .

From what the Chrome windows says about it is that it will speed up search performance and one or two other things. I'm satisfied with my computers performance yet I'm really just kinda curious abouth the Chrome and not that I will change simply for the fact that I do not try to 'fix what is not broken' and do not need the latest and greatest updates and doodads.

I guess not, its up to you anyway.
By texasmr2
Yes I know that but as a buddy speaking to another buddy would you say it is worth trying? :)
By vaptin
Sure, no harm in trying, also try firefox, the new layouts might take some getting used to. There's a fair amount you can do with your browser if your interested, getting extensions, live feeds (news weather etc.). A spell checker comes in really useful.
By texasmr2
A spell checker comes in really useful.

God Knows I of all people could use the spell checker :hehe: but all the other options I'm not really interested in at the moment but may be in the future.

Towards the top right of your screen press the spanner , from the resulting menu press options. In the options screen tabs, the furthest one to the right called "under the bonnet". Press that and go to content settings. Navigate to java script.

Should I just follow these directions if I wanna give it a try? Oh and many thanks for the help mate :wink: .
By vaptin
A spell checker comes in really useful.

God Knows I of all people could use the spell checker :hehe: but all the other options I'm not really interested in at the moment but may be in the future.

Should I just follow these directions if I wanna give it a try? Oh and many thanks for the help mate :wink: .

No don't do that, thats sepfcially for the OP's request, just type google chrome into google, download and install. Hopefully it'll have getting started instructions.

See our F1 related articles too!