I am Spanish/Italian and I support Fernando Alonso
5%
I am Spanish/Italian and I support another spanish/italian driver
No votes
0%
I am Spanish/Italian and I support a non-spanish/italian driver
No votes
0%
I am none of the nationalities above, but I support a driver that is from my country/ a neighbouring country/ a country I have a connection with
7%
I am none of the nationalities above, and I support a driver from a country that I have no connection with
41%
I don't support any particular driver
16%
Enough of the criticism of the poll :D:nono::hehe: . You only get 10 poll options - I started off with 25 options and had to cut back... Although I kinda wish there'd been space for a "Felipe Massa's bum" option...

:thumbup: Atta gurrrl!
Non of those options fit me. Im British and support Lewis but not because either he or I am British. Thats irrelevant to me . I support him because I like his driving Style and think he's the best driver. My previous best driver was Montoya, for the same reasons.
The first option fits you. Maybe I should have explained better at the start - I wasn't asking people to only answer if they thought nationality was a factor in their choice. I was hoping the results would tell the story by themselves. I can see that this misunderstanding has skewed the results a little. Which is a bit of a shame.
The first option fits you. Maybe I should have explained better at the start - I wasn't asking people to only answer if they thought nationality was a factor in their choice. I was hoping the results would tell the story by themselves. I can see that this misunderstanding has skewed the results a little. Which is a bit of a shame.

That's what i thought. But like you said, i think people misunderstood... according to this poll there was only 4 brits/irish here...... ooooops!

Non of those options fit me. Im British and support Lewis but not because either he or I am British. Thats irrelevant to me . I support him because I like his driving Style and think he's the best driver. My previous best driver was Montoya, for the same reasons.

There's no need for explaning the choices. Meaning, it doesn't matter the reasons why you support a certain driver...

Your poll options were as clear as day to me and maybe it is everyone else who is abit skewed? Maybe on your next poll you will clarify more as too exactly what your asking for? :drink:
I would like to believe that we all support a drivers talent rather than his nationality after all racing is about talent right?

Tons of teenage girls support Jaime Alguersuari because of this "talent".

Guiltyyyyyyyyyy! :D

Although lately I've noticed Lucas di Grassi is a piece of... mmm... :hehe:
When you go to your home grand prix and experience the atmosphere it's very hard not to become patriotic,well it is for me anyway.

I suppose this might not be the case with other nations.We are spoilt and have had some great drivers/champions in the past.

Whenever I go to any sporting event I'm patriotic its the way of most british people.Other nations like the americans(just as an example) don't tend to have a driver all the time.Or most sports they play don't involve other nations so I suppose they might see it from a different view.
I can't believe i'm the only Brit here who doesn't support Button or Hamilton. Although i don't really care either way now, i did properly support Button back in the day and was pleased for him when he got the title.

Raikkonen, Kubica, Kobayashi and Barrichello ftw.
I can't believe i'm the only Brit here who doesn't support Button or Hamilton. Although i don't really care either way now, i did properly support Button back in the day and was pleased for him when he got the title.

Raikkonen, Kubica, Kobayashi and Barrichello ftw.

I don't support Button or Hamilton either,
So did you go for 'I don't support any particular driver'? I was tempted and perhaps should have, but really i'm sure everyone has a few drivers they like. Raikkonen is the one guy i support above the others though.

See our F1 related articles too!