FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
ugly car?
the 1999 Packard 12, mercifully never made it to production.
http://www.packardmotorcar.com/pg.htm

No fair bringing up forgeries. That has been the fate suffered by more than one storied and stately old marque. It dies and then the "trademark" is purchased by some carrion-eater interested only in picking over the bones and cashing in on a legend they played no role in creating.

The "Packard" 12 was a forgery. Allah be praised, it also was the only one ever built (but you can buy the company entire for a mere $1.5 million USD).

The Bugatti Veyron also is a forgery. A damned fast one but a forgery nonetheless. The original Bugattis were the embodiment of elegance. The new Bugattis, ...eh, ... not so much.

The forged Stutz Blackhawks is another example:

Elvis owned three of these. Evel Knievel owned one.
It's fugly and they're both dead, in case you hadn't noticed.
So let that be a lesson to you.

Unlike the Stutzs of old, this one was a Chevy Monte Carlo with hallucinogen-inspired coachwork and a whore's drawers interior. This is a real Stutz Blackhawk:

For the purposes of this discussion, ugly forgeries shouldn't count. They're little more than professionally-assembled kit cars (or amateur-assembled production cars). Otherwise, we'd spend eternity moaning about crap like the Laser 917.
Is it a coincidence that they're both dead AND both wore rhinestone encrusted capes and jumpsuits? At least it can be said they had consistently bad taste.
By madbrad
Well I guess I've been put in my place. How dare I post the counterfeit Packard??
Well I guess I've been put in my place. How dare I post the counterfeit Packard??

All in good fun, mate. I'm shocked no one's taken me to task for calling the Veyron "a forgery."
Perhaps there's a psychological explanation to that?

For a car to be lusted after by enthusiasts it has to retain some semblance of affordability to your run of the mill lottery winner, and your run of the mill lottery winner couldn't even afford to buy it.
By madbrad
Now that you mention it, if the Packard is an imposter, perhaps by that token any nameplate that isn't still owned by its creator can be so defined. That would cover most marques, such as, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Rolls, Bentley, Saab, Volvo, CHRYSLER, pretty much every GM division, Lamborghini, even Ferrari and the ones that fall under it like Maserati.
But if you care to further define it to only include situations like Packard and Stutz, you can include Delorean in that. The marque's owner wants to produce a car, and they have drawings. It ain't pretty.

Besides all that, I think they DO count in this discussion, because the thread title does not discriminate. Just ugly cars. Ugly cars iz ugly cars.
By RA Dunk
I have something here which can put all of your 'so called' ugly cars to shame, the car in question is a Subaru Impreza 'Casa Blanca', Subaru have turned out some proper mingers over the years but this puppy takes the biscuit!

By RA Dunk
^^LOL why would they do that?

God only knows, it actually came from the factory like that as well. :eek:
By scotty

Just stumbled across this... only a concept car but still, that is one ugly pile of crap.
By madbrad
Why are people hating on the AMC Pacer? thats the Waynes World Mobile :hehe:

And why did the banned butt nugget not see it was already posted in this thread?
The Pacer always makes me think of the movie Oh God! with John Denver and George Burns. John Denver's character drove a Pacer. And apparently he was a bit of a butt hole.

See our F1 related articles too!