FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
I thought the Gumpert was butt-ugly ...until I saw the Weber:

Beauty is subjective, so heres a Gumpert

The Pontiac Aztec was the ugliest car built in the US since the AMC Matador:

And what's with the crazy car names? Matador = "the killer"

And how about the Chevrolet "it doesn't go" (No va)

But the Japanese have had their moments, too. Like the Toyota MR2. It was immediately baptised "Mister Two" by the American motor press. Well, the number 2 in Japanese "ni." And the Japanese honorific "mister" is "san." So "Mister Two" translates to Japanese as "Ni-san."

Toyota were not happy.
Yes, but the Matador had one redeeming quality... it was immortalized in "The Man With The Golden Gun" as a James Bond car...just like the Austin Martin DB5! How's that for good company? :twisted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By f1ea

The pictures don't really give a great impression of just how ugly these above cars are, as it's mostly in the shape of em.

I'm in complete agreement with the Porsche Panamera. :paperbag:

You guys think the Panamera is ugly??!! :eek:
I like it.

I think the uligest is the blue car in Mr. Bean's shows...... hehe not only ulgy but disfunctional as well. Yuck!
My dislike of the Panamera is also because I'm against the philosophy of it... just like the Cayenne it is solely a business decision, to sell cars not a decision from the heart.

If I want a 4 door sports sedan Porsche Panamera is not tops on my list, if I want a truck, SUV, whatever it's called in Europe, Porsche Cayenne is not my first choice.

But yes, I find it a bastardization of the 911 shape.

The 928 was a much more elegant solution and I would have respected a ground up attempt more than a need for the Panamera to pay homage to the 911.
By f1ea
My dislike of the Panamera is also because I'm against the philosophy of it... just like the Cayenne it is solely a business decision, to sell cars not a decision from the heart.

If I want a 4 door sports sedan Porsche Panamera is not tops on my list, if I want a truck, SUV, whatever it's called in Europe, Porsche Cayenne is not my first choice.

Hmmm SUV: Range Rover Sport... Supercharged... oh boy. That's a beauty. The Cayenne is ugly. I agree.

There's a couple of really nice 4-door sport sedans: Alfa 159 V6 (i even like the sportwagon!), Porsche Panamera, Maseratti Quatroporte Sport GTS plus some others... very nice.
This one bears mention...

The Cadillac CTS Sedan, in the words of Jeremy Clarkson: it looks like it was designed by someone that only had a ruler.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I almost mentioned the Panamera. I wouldn't all it ugly but neither would I call it striking. I've never found the Cayman striking either it's closer to passing for attractive than the Panamera.

The Cadillac CTS Sedan, in the words of Jeremy Clarkson: it looks like it was designed by someone that only had a ruler.

The same is true of every Lambo currently in production. Headlamps, window sills, air intakes, all done with a straight edge.
By texasmr2

Actually the CTS-V dominated the AMG E63 on 'Battle of the Supercars'
and there is a red one that I see a few times a week around the courthouse and that thing is frickin mean looking.

See our F1 related articles too!