FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
TOP Gear's James May says The Stig will be viciously killed off - then replaced by a new driver.

By JEN BLACKBURN
Published: Today

He and his fellow hosts Richard Hammond and Jeremy Clarkson may even give the race ace a BEATING first.

And James has vowed to take back the famous white overalls, helmet and gloves.

It follows SAS hero Ben Collins' unmasking as The Stig - after a legal victory allowing him to tell all about his role in a book.

James, 47, said The Stig will be ousted in the same manner as his predecessor.

The black Stig - racing driver Perry McCarthy - was last seen by viewers driving off a cliff in 2003.

The mop-haired host explained producer Andy Wilman was furious with Ben, 35, for writing a book about his show adventures.

Nailing

He told Absolute Radio's breakfast host Christian O'Connell: "There was black-overalls Stig, who had to be dealt with by Andy.

"And then we got white-overalls Stig, who will be dealt with.

"We start some filming next week. We've had some thoughts - driving to The Stig's house and nailing his head to the table was one.

"And getting our overalls back because they're not his.

"And those stupid, poncy shoes he wears. They're ours. And the gloves."

Collins was axed from the show on Wednesday after the BBC's failed licence payer-funded High Court battle against HarperCollins, who publish The Man In The White Suit in two weeks.

Top Gear returns for its 16th series later this year.
:yikes::irked::thumbdown:

I knew it was Ben Collins all along but I guess he had to give in at some point.

I'm pretty sure the first stig drove off HMS Invincible in a modifed Jaguar XJS?
Speaking of the black stig, Ben was much faster in my opinion. I mean the black stig only got the murcielago around in 1.29 whereas ben got it around in 1.23!

I wonder how they'll kill off the stig this time.
Top Gear sued to prevent The Stig releasing his new book but the court ruled against them. They might sue still but they can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. Collin's book isn't scheduled for release for another week but, ironically, Top Gear's legal action resulted in The Stig being outed two weeks early.

Jeremy Clarkson calls Collins a 'greedy tw*t'
Frankly I can't believe Collins thought he'd get away with it. And I can't fathom why he'd do it and spoil everyone's fun. What a jerk.
Frankly I can't believe Collins thought he'd get away with it. And I can't fathom why he'd do it and spoil everyone's fun. What a jerk.

He wants money.

Pink stig next?

:pinkelephant:

He wants money.

Pink stig next?

Danica Patrick?

EDIT:
No, No! Sabine Schmitz!!
They'll bring Perry back, with the storyline that black Stig swam back to shore and got lost for 7 years.
They'll bring Perry back, with the storyline that black Stig swam back to shore and got lost for 7 years.

that website wasn't owned by Top Gear it was somthing done by Perry Mcarthy as i remeber the website was owned by him

He wants money.

Pink stig next?

Danica Patrick?

EDIT:
No, No! Sabine Schmitz!!

No, she's really annoying. Also, she already works for German TV ripping Top Gear off
Danica Patrick?

Ha, they might as well pick James May, we cant see her hot body and she is just as slow

See our F1 related articles too!