FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By texasmr2
I thought when Ferrari wins the tifosi claim its the car, when they lose its the drivers fault, im surpirsed they even noticed Schumacher was driving "their" car

we love the Scuderia when it wins and even when it loose...moreover, our love becomes tighter in the depressive times!

That's right :wink: !!!!
By britishtrident
Gilles was qualifying, not practising, or so I thought.

So Schumacher's recently departed? I didn't notice it in the obits.

Qualifying was called timed practice back in those days.
By piledriver
That must be Michael Schumacher, But I hope Kimi Raikkonen achieves the same status. I also liked Gilles Villeneuve, Jean Alesi and Gerhard Berger in a Ferrari.
By Mikep99
Gilles Villeneuve for me hands down.
gilles villeneuve, was much more lovable and had great character. he'd have been a much kinder more humanlike person compared to the cold cut schumacher, i was never a fan of michael. he was a great driver but he didnt have to fend off many drivers, juan pablo would always make himself nervous and take himself out of the race, kimi never had the edge with mclaren, fernando was still finding himself, coulthard was sinking further down after 2001, and whoever was his teamate would be told to fold for schumi.
By racechick

You do have good taste in drivers then :wink: Yes Gilles undoubledly
By Mikep99

You do have good taste in drivers then :wink: Yes Gilles undoubledly

:shock: we agree on something :shock:
By Denthúl
I thought when Ferrari wins the tifosi claim its the car, when they lose its the drivers fault, im surpirsed they even noticed Schumacher was driving "their" car

Ah, but to the world (including the Tifosi) Schumacher was more than just a driver. Still is. He has great speed, driving ability and he's rather clever during a race. The man's only downfall is that he has resorted to dirty tactics on several occasions. That being said, he's probably the best driver, overall, of what I consider to be my generation.

gilles villeneuve, was much more lovable and had great character. he'd have been a much kinder more humanlike person compared to the cold cut schumacher, i was never a fan of michael. he was a great driver but he didnt have to fend off many drivers, juan pablo would always make himself nervous and take himself out of the race, kimi never had the edge with mclaren, fernando was still finding himself, coulthard was sinking further down after 2001, and whoever was his teamate would be told to fold for schumi.

What about Hakkinen, Hill and Villeneuve? I'd say they were drivers who he had to fend off.

Juan Pablo had his moments, but he lacked the consistency required to be a champion, so I'll agree with you to an extent there.

See our F1 related articles too!