FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
lol i heard this on the news at 11 o clock and giggled to myslef and thought, ah well, tex will be happy lol

I'm kinda 50/50 because I do hope F1 returns asap to the US but I'm not thrilled will the proposed venue.

There's about a dozen better places but I am guessing somebody's pocket was greased well :wink:

:yes:
Way too many other tracks worthy of F1 that could be upgraded for 50% or less of the cost entailed of building a completely new venue. Common sense and Bernie Eccelstone = :rolleyes: .
lol i heard this on the news at 11 o clock and giggled to myslef and thought, ah well, tex will be happy lol

I'm kinda 50/50 because I do hope F1 returns asap to the US but I'm not thrilled will the proposed venue.

There's about a dozen better places but I am guessing somebody's pocket was greased well :wink:

Way too many other tracks worthy of F1 that could be upgraded for 50% or less of the cost entailed of building a completely new venue. Common sense and Bernie Eccelstone = :rolleyes: .

I agree.

That New york venue looked very nice and unique for example.

Then theres Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca and Watkins Glen that would all be fantastic.

Also its the Location If i think Texas i think Nascar.

Like if you think Manchester you think Manchester United...Football

I agree.

Then theres Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca and Watkins Glen that would all be fantastic.

Road Atlanta is far to tight for an F1 race. It would be like running Monaco. The back straight would be interesting with 10a looming beyond the hill but the best parts of the track would not suit F1 cars to well and passing like Monaco. The esses, while the single most fun set of corners (besides the corkscrew in Seca) in the US for a GT car, would not be at all the thing at the far faster cornering speeds of F1...not to mention the approach slope of turn 5 would very likely rip off anything resembling a front wing unless they ran huge ground clearance...which F1 cars don't like. Turn 12 in an F1 car would be a blast...but there is like 8 feet of grass before you hit a concrete wall and I while the rest of the course could be modified to perhaps be ok...turn 12 is another story. Intimidating in a GT car, there is no way the FIA would allow F1 cars to do it with that wall there...and the hill climbing to the pits behind that wall pretty much makes it impossible to build in more run off. Check out the width for the majority of this lap...especially the esses. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoJoqGD5NLo There also isn't anywhere near the press facilities..or any facilities for that matter to accommodate modern F1.

Watkins Glen is again far too tight for F1 and Armco everywhere is fine for a street course....but it wouldn't hold a candle to the F1's current street courses let alone the tracks.

Laguna Seca.....now, that is a track and I can't think of any reason why F1 wouldn't upgrade that track instead of build a brand new one...other than the facilities may not be up to the challenge. Remember how much cash Indy had to put into their press facilities, seating and garages in order to get F1 to agree to show up.....perhaps it is cheaper to build new.

I agree.

Funny but when I think of Texas I think of this
[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KBm5ZSWbD14&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KBm5ZSWbD14&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2cEKLN7xnKY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2cEKLN7xnKY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
I don't mind Austin, TX as a venue; it's about a nine hour drive from me; if I keep to the speed limit; ahem...

I don't see any existing track making it onto the F1 calendar that is not already on the calendar. Give another 10 years and it'll be called Formula Tilke! :banghead:
You know his family's really from Connecticut, right? Seriously, quit tarring an entire state based on your misconceptions and prejudices about it.

:rofl: , look I am not tarring anything, it is what it is, I didn't alter the videos, I didn't dub the videos, yes his family is from Ct. but I didn't elect TWICE to represent Texas as Governor. He was the face of Texas for eight years so in my OPINION when people say Texas, I think of that doofus.
Enough of the George Bush talk; he is gone and can never return as president... Texas can not be held responsible for his crimes against common sense!!!

Back to discussion about the new venue and forthcoming race; let's not politicise the race, god knows we already have too much BS politics in F1!
But they were funny videos :hehe::hehe: he was THAT bad??!! Scary to think he ruled the world....and we survived. Well anyway, you have a really good president now :yes: and im sure he'd love an F1 race in his country. :)

See our F1 related articles too!