FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
that is the primary design principle I believe

I'm all for visual interest. The problem with this may be the same as your basic Hollywood blockbuster. Too much visual interest and no one writing a good script. In any case, I doubt this guy's work is anything other than to please a committee that's got a laundry list of prerequisites. The F1 fan getting a good race is not near the top of that list.
What did I say. It'll probably be another purpose built Tilke track.

When was the last time F1 went a track that wasn't purpose built for F1 by Tilke. I just hope it's not going to be another crap track that he's designed to strict FIA regulations. Say Valencia or Bahrain. New India circuit looks rubbish as well.

Actually when was the last time F1 went to an existing track. Meaning a track that was already there, and hadn't been built from scratch at request of Bernie, or been recently rebuilt in the eyes of Tilke. The most recent time that happened that I can find is Donington Park in 1993.

Albert Park 96, they used to race at Albert park although not with the exact layout
Albert Park also has the distinction of being the only venue to hold the Australian Grand Prix in both World Championship and non-World Championship formats. Prior to the 1996 Australian Grand Prix, a modified version of the current circuit was used for both the 1953 and 1956 Australian Grands Prix. During this time Albert Park actually ran anti-clockwise as opposed to the current GP circuit which runs clockwise.

Congrats to Austin for getting the event.
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOT TEXAS!! Do we really need to remind the world where George Bush came from? NO NO NO NO, Las Vegas, San Francisco, New York, Florida, Hawaii, why the f*** TEXAS? Tell them foreigner racer boys to bring their passports you hear? We Texans don't like immigrations so have your paperworks otherwise we deport your bottom you hear? Tell them foreigners they better pay homage to Ricky Bobby. F*CK F1 screwed up again :banghead:
Tilke's tracks are not that godawful, IMO; what's more lame is that 50% + of the tracks are designed / modified by the same firm. Regardless of the firm, that's not going to make for a lot of variety in your tracks. Perhaps there is a contractual issue behind that, that precludes the FIA from hiring different firms.
I am not a big fan of texas at all, but Austin is like another state inside of Texas. It is a very cool place and nothing at all like El Paso, San Antonio, Houston or Dallas...all of which could burn to the ground most American's wouldn't care. Austin will be a cool place for an F1 race....I only hope the American fans don't pull any more Indy beer throwing crap to embarrass the nation again. Now, if Bernie will only focus on making a better spectacle out of F1 instead of worrying so much about more and more races...I would be happy.

Hey Bernie...if a race goes the distance and doesn't have a single lead change and no overtaking within the top ten....that's bad.
I am not a big fan of texas at all, but Austin is like another state inside of Texas. It is a very cool place and nothing at all like El Paso, San Antonio, Houston or Dallas...all of which could burn to the ground most American's wouldn't care. Austin will be a cool place for an F1 race....I only hope the American fans don't pull any more Indy beer throwing crap to embarrass the nation again. Now, if Bernie will only focus on making a better spectacle out of F1 instead of worrying so much about more and more races...I would be happy.

Hey Bernie...if a race goes the distance and doesn't have a single lead change and no overtaking within the top ten....that's bad.

Since its Texas and everything is BIG in Texas, we need to have enhanced busty flag girls, enhanced front wings, enchanced Kubica's nose, we should have a hot dog eating contest and automatically enter Kobayashi since the Japanese dominate this event every year, since its Texas, drivers need to brush up on their accents since everyone in Texas is tone deaf,since its Texas Chandhok better have his id stamped to his face so Texans don't mistake him for a Muslim and their pre-emptive strike policy, since its Texas everyone should be constantly reminded that Liuzzi is a driver and not a day laborer, since its Texas Lewis Hamilton must be warned not to do a burn out and piss off the good ol boys since they have a history of..well you know. hanging people, since it s Texas Mass should fit right in because he got hit in the head last year and people in Texas talk realllllyyyy sloooooow, since it Texas Max Mosley will make himself a home, since its Texas Nico and Micheal should apply for the Aryan Nation since they still worship Hitler. sh*t hopefully in race during football season so I can go and watch my Cowboys play.
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOT TEXAS!! Do we really need to remind the world where George Bush came from? NO NO NO NO, Las Vegas, San Francisco, New York, Florida, Hawaii, why the f*** TEXAS? Tell them foreigner racer boys to bring their passports you hear? We Texans don't like immigrations so have your paperworks otherwise we deport your bottom you hear? Tell them foreigners they better pay homage to Ricky Bobby. F*CK F1 screwed up again :banghead:

Wow. :rolleyes:

Since its Texas and everything is BIG in Texas, we need to have enhanced busty flag girls, enhanced front wings, enchanced Kubica's nose, we should have a hot dog eating contest and automatically enter Kobayashi since the Japanese dominate this event every year, since its Texas, drivers need to brush up on their accents since everyone in Texas is tone deaf,since its Texas Chandhok better have his id stamped to his face so Texans don't mistake him for a Muslim and their pre-emptive strike policy, since its Texas everyone should be constantly reminded that Liuzzi is a driver and not a day laborer, since its Texas Lewis Hamilton must be warned not to do a burn out and piss off the good ol boys since they have a history of..well you know. hanging people, since it s Texas Mass should fit right in because he got hit in the head last year and people in Texas talk realllllyyyy sloooooow, since it Texas Max Mosley will make himself a home, since its Texas Nico and Micheal should apply for the Aryan Nation since they still worship Hitler. sh*t hopefully in race during football season so I can go and watch my Cowboys play.

And you just keep getting better. Seriously. Texas isn't close to being like that at all, especially Austin.

See our F1 related articles too!