FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By Redthir
Jean Denis Deletraz. He had difficulties going in a straight line, and almost caused a collision with the front markers. He usually qualified a long way off the pace as well, and Murray Walker called him an idiot.

Tarso Marques always seemed rubbish to me in 2001, but when Alex Yoong replaced him I realised he wasn't so bad. Besides, I was too young at the time to understand things I understand now.
By Stickshift
It has to be Luca Badoer no?

Not this again... :rolleyes: Read the last few pages. I've said it before and I'll say it again - nobody who knows anything whatsoever about F1 or who has put any thought at all into their answer would say this. It's not even a matter of opinion - it's just wrong. I can feel my blood pressure rising so I'm away for a lie down!! :D
By robbied90

Not sure that I agree I can think of a couple who are far worse than him. Scott Speed being the first one that springs to my mind.
By vaptin
With Badoer it's also worth factoring in that Ferrari had pretty much already given up on 09 by the time he was in the car. His job was to get it around in one piece and stay the hell out of everyone's way, which he did, he drove the car maturely, he didn't beach it or hold other drivers up. And again, given the unfamiliarity with the car was pretty good going.
By andrew
Mark Webber

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm j/k.....a little bit. :P:censored:

Yeah, I went there. So what?! :hehe:

If anyone takes this seriously I seriously over-estimated their intelligence.

Being serious for a minute, I think this is like the best driver thing. Impossible to determine, just a few drivers that stand out as being not very good in any given season.
With Badoer it's also worth factoring in that Ferrari had pretty much already given up on 09 by the time he was in the car. His job was to get it around in one piece and stay the hell out of everyone's way, which he did, he drove the car maturely, he didn't beach it or hold other drivers up. And again, given the unfamiliarity with the car was pretty good going.

:yes:

Also, the first thing that Fisichella did when he got his hands on the Ferrari was plant it in the wall at Parabolica, Monza. Right in front of the tifosi. :eek:
By geetface9
Mark Webber

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm j/k.....a little bit. :P:censored:

Yeah, I went there. So what?! :hehe:

If anyone takes this seriously I seriously over-estimated their intelligence.

Being serious for a minute, I think this is like the best driver thing. Impossible to determine, just a few drivers that stand out as being not very good in any given season.

that hurts bro :cry:

LMFAO I like what you did there! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
By madbrad

Uhh, before posting drivel howabout reading the thread first?

Uhh, before posting drivel howabout reading the thread first?

:whip::twisted:
By rob91
Definitely not the worst driver in F1 ever but Nelson Piquet Junior was very poor considering how well he had done in lower formula categories.

The worst driver I have seen is probably Yuji Ide, he had his superlicense revoked after something like 3 races. :hehe:
By Stickshift
You can disparage me all you like lol. Luca Badoer is crap. :hehe:

I don't need to read any of the thread to come to that conclusion from what my own eyes have told me.

Sorry if I am upsetting anyones boyfriend! :whip:
By andrew
Definitely not the worst driver in F1 ever but Nelson Piquet Junior was very poor considering how well he had done in lower formula categories.

Piquet Jr wasn't that bad. You have to consider his team manager and his team mate - the guy didn't really have much of a chance. He did nearly win the German GP in 2008 (finished 2nd) after qualifying 17th, with Alonso finishing 11th. The skill was there but he did the right thing and ended up ruining his F1 career.

See our F1 related articles too!