FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
Yuji Ide oh man, I remember seeing some of his highlights.

:rofl: He was dreadful... tipping Christijan Albers into a barrel-roll at Imola was the final straw :hehe:
Last edited by LewEngBridewell on 07 Sep 11, 05:50, edited 1 time in total.
By andrew
Badoer was pretty bad too.

Give him a break. He had spent 10 years driving round an empty track in Italy so he was bound to find it difficult in the races, especially in a car that was largely unfamiliar.

When he was racing he wasn't all that bad, albeit in cars at the back of the grid.
the funny things is, even the shittest F1 drivers ever are still eons ahead of us average joes in words of car control and track experience.

you guys cant tell me youd win an F1 event if it consisted of montermini's and rossetts?
the funny things is, even the shittest F1 drivers ever are still eons ahead of us average joes in words of car control and track experience.

you guys cant tell me youd win an F1 event if it consisted of montermini's and rossetts?

your right, but we would all like to think we can
By madbrad
Mike Andretti was hamstrung.
No one is unaware of Ron Dennis' politics. It has been decried by exactly half the people who have driven for him.

All of us in this forum would stall an F1 car at the first corner.
All of us in this forum would stall an F1 car at the first corner.

I sincerely doubt any of us would get that far without stalling.

:hehe:
By Milly_IT
Definitely the worst. Badoer was pretty bad too.

I had more sympathy for Badoer. He had some serious crap luck, always when in good positions, such as Melbourne and Monza 2008. He could have been alright, but nothing fell into place.

In my opinion Badoer was a little bit unlucky... He wasn't a great driver but when he raced for Ferrari he hasn't raced for almost ten years...
And when he was replaced by Fisichella, Fisichella's results were not so better than Badoer's! :D
Michael Andretti was a good Indycar driver but he was pretty woeful in his short time with McLaren.

he scored a 3rd place at Italy so he probably shouldnt be mentioned in same breath as the other drivers here.

Mike Andretti was hamstrung. No one is unaware of Ron Dennis' politics. It has been decried by exactly half the people who have driven for him.

He brought in on himself. everyone knew it was going to go south when he decided to live in the US and Commute to the races.
Definitely the worst. Badoer was pretty bad too.

I had more sympathy for Badoer. He had some serious crap luck, always when in good positions, such as Melbourne and Monza 2008. He could have been alright, but nothing fell into place.

In my opinion Badoer was a little bit unlucky... He wasn't a great driver but when he raced for Ferrari he hasn't raced for almost ten years...
And when he was replaced by Fisichella, Fisichella's results were not so better than Badoer's! :D

Just realised my mistake in that quote! :eek: I was talking about Bourdais but using Badoer's name...... :hehe::rolleyes:
"All of us in this forum would stall an F1 car at the first corner."

Not me! I probably wouldn't get out of pit lane! I used to race and
the farther back in time it is, the better I was. Someday I just may
be spectacular.

This might be considered a cheap shot at the dead, but Paletti was pretty woeful. Drivers
complained that he had more money than talent and was a hazard. I remember standing
next to Paletti's Osella at LBGP and wondered, "Who is Paletti?" I almost jumped in the
Osella for a quick photo (and probably followed by a quick arrest). In hindsight I should have
gotten in the car.

Now that I think of it Hamilton (Jeremy?) from Top Gear may be the worst. His drive is
somewhere on Youtube.
-Rick

See our F1 related articles too!