FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By madbrad
Oh so you can do better than Luka Badoer? I'd like to see you try. I'd like to see you get in that Ferrari and get it around a circuit once without stalling it. You cannot fault Badoer for his performance in the few races filling in for Massa. That is a myopic view. Ferrari was pleased with both he and Fisi, so they knew something we didn't. I guess it was Massa's car made for Massa, or maybe they know it takes several races to become accustomed to a car built around Alonso in race conditions. He was thrown in the deep end. Into a race without having driven the car before. With the testing ban, he had no way to get used to the car. Who knows? Badoer did no worse than the others in his position(back marker rides) when he drove races for Forti and Scuderia Italia, where he regularly beat teammate Alboreto who was more experienced. Can you do better than that? Badoer is the 1992 F3000 champion too. Can you do better than that?

From Lewis:
"I think he's done a good job. He's not put it in the wall; he's kept it on the track. It's an incredibly tall order to jump into the footsteps of Felipe Massa. He hasn't even raced for ten years, so I think anyone who has taken that long out of the car is going to struggle, but instead I think he has done a good job just to keep it on the track and bit-by-bit he will catch up"

Heikki said:
"I don't know what else you could have expected. Sometimes the tyres warm up, or they overheat or they don't warm up, and it's much more complicated than a few years ago where they brought out tyres that worked straightaway in different conditions. I think that knocks the driver's confidence very easily – if the tyres are not working 100 per cent you can't push if you don't feel you have the grip".
By Denthúl
I think the fact that Fisichella got in the car and did no better is the key thing here. He'd just come off the back of a fantastic race in Spa, where he was the fastest driver, and did very bad at Monza. The reason for this I think is KERS, which really altered the balance of the cars. Look at how Grosjean performed in the Renault. He's a way better driver than Piquet Jr., but he couldn't even match the guy's performances. Had Badoer come back to a non-KERS car, he'd have probably scored a few points and seen out the season with Ferrari. Fisichella might then have won in Monza. :hehe:
Oh so you can do better than Luka Badoer? I'd like to see you try. I'd like to see you get in that Ferrari and get it around a circuit once without stalling it. You cannot fault Badoer for his performance in the few races filling in for Massa. That is a myopic view. Ferrari was pleased with both he and Fisi, so they knew something we didn't. I guess it was Massa's car made for Massa, or maybe they know it takes several races to become accustomed to a car built around Alonso in race conditions. He was thrown in the deep end. Into a race without having driven the car before. With the testing ban, he had no way to get used to the car. Who knows? Badoer did no worse than the others in his position(back marker rides) when he drove races for Forti and Scuderia Italia, where he regularly beat teammate Alboreto who was more experienced. Can you do better than that? Badoer is the 1992 F3000 champion too. Can you do better than that?

From Lewis:
"I think he's done a good job. He's not put it in the wall; he's kept it on the track. It's an incredibly tall order to jump into the footsteps of Felipe Massa. He hasn't even raced for ten years, so I think anyone who has taken that long out of the car is going to struggle, but instead I think he has done a good job just to keep it on the track and bit-by-bit he will catch up"

Heikki said:
"I don't know what else you could have expected. Sometimes the tyres warm up, or they overheat or they don't warm up, and it's much more complicated than a few years ago where they brought out tyres that worked straightaway in different conditions. I think that knocks the driver's confidence very easily – if the tyres are not working 100 per cent you can't push if you don't feel you have the grip".

it was only a bit of fun mate, i didnt mean it in seriousness, of course he would do a better job than me, i would expect him too as well :hehe:
Word of advice Robert, you should have said "Sure you arrange a time and date and we'll do a test...." :P

yeah that would been a good idea! i'l go with that! :hehe::hehe:
By 7UpJordan
Can't remember her name but there was a women driver in the early 90's.Was about 5/6 seconds at least off the pace of her teammate if I remember correctly :D

I think I remember reading that her team-mate - Eric Van De Poele if I recall - fancied the pants off her as well. :rofl:
By robisf1
Al Pease. Only driver to be black-flagged for driving too slow
Al Pease. Only driver to be black-flagged for driving too slow

omg! :hehe:
By robisf1
Pedro Lami and Taki Innui (sp?) were pretty horrid.

Lamy was complete disaster. I think even that portugese who drove some years ago- Monteiro was way better. And Inoue xD hit by marshall car xD
by the sounds of things we could better than some of the drivers we've mentioned! :hehe:
By Jensonb
I'm sticking with Nelson Piquet Jr.

He was terrible. And Romain Grosjean was almost as bad.
I'm sticking with Nelson Piquet Jr.

He was terrible. And Romain Grosjean was almost as bad.

:yes: to be fair nelson piquet jr was poor

See our F1 related articles too!