FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By zurich_allan
Is F1 2010 PS2 ready?

Sadly not... :(
By Forti_Corse
first season with virgin racing= world driver constructors champ
second season with red bull= world drivers constructors champ
third season with ferrari= in progress
By LedFoot
was this game ok?
im looking for a Car / Racing game - but not a full on simulator (cant be bothered), I just want to do some racing and have some fun.
By LedFoot
are either of those games ok to use with a keyboard? or do you really need a steering wheel with F1 2010?

DiRT3 does look good. just been watching a few vids on youtube
By Hammer278
Racing + fun....ever heard of Road Wars? It's badass...you can download it from torrentz. A very old game, but trust me the graphics for its time and entertainment factor is top notch. Racing on various insane circuits, armed with missiles (you have front/side/rear weapons to deploy), and at the same time turrets shooting at you by the wayside. Good way to destress. :hehe:
By Denthúl
Best race ever tonight.

I joined Red Bull for this season, kicking it off with a tough race in Bahrain. Qualified on pole (I've always gone well in Bahrain, regardless of the game o.o) but started sixth due to a penalty for pit-lane speeding during qualifying. Went on to cross the line in second, but a time penalty put me behind my team-mate. I've not quite adapted to the way the car handles yet, it's definitely different to the others I've tried so far. Moving on to Australia, the fun begins. Decided to make use of the Friday session to actually do some long-running for once and worked out that I could get 20 laps out of the options from full-fuel. Great. In to qualifying and I made it to third on the grid, which I thought was good for only my second race with the team. Come Sunday, the track is wet. The forecast shows that it's not going to stay wet for too long and the rain is only light, but I decide to throw on the full wet tyres whilst everyone else that I can see starts on inters.

At first, I thought it was a mistake as I lost a position at the start, but very quickly came back at Button to retake third. By the end of the lap, I was past Alonso and chasing down my team-mate. The move happened on lap eight, I came out of the first corner much faster and out-braked him in to turn three. This gave me some good, clean-air to build up a nice five-second gap before they all pitted on lap 11. I chose to stay out for another lap, something which did turn out to be a mistake, and I came out of the pits in third place, on the prime tyre (it turns out both Alonso and Vettel had gone on to the primes, too, so I'd made the right call, at least). By lap 40, I'd managed to pass both again and, once more, the gap was up to five seconds. On lap 45, I set the fastest lap of the race, pushing the gap up by another second, but then I screwed it all up. Taking too much kerb, putting my foot down too early in my eagerness to extend the gap even further, I spun the car coming through turn six and unfortunately clipped the wall, removing my front wing.

Cursing heavily, I recovered as quickly as I could, being passed by Vettel, Alonso and the HRT of what I think was Bruno Senna, though he was a lap down and got out of my way quickly enough. Rushing back to the pits as fast as I could (not easy when the front end doesn't want to turn at all), I managed to select the option tyre from the menu just before crossing the line in to the pits. At least it would allow me to pass the three cars of Schumacher, Button and Hamilton who had flown past whilst I sat in the box. By now, Vettel had 28 seconds on me, with Alonso six behind him. It was lap 47 and I didn't expect anything better than third place. Obviously, by this time, everyone's prime tyres had started to wear and, with a fresh set of boots on my car, I was impressed by the speed with which I caught and passed the two McLarens, though it got a bit hairy when Jenson decided he wasn't going to give up easily, almost pushing me off in to the kitty litter. It took only another lap to catch Schumacher, who was three seconds up the road. The grip from the options this late in the race was unbelievable, especially now that the fuel load was down.

Lap after lap, I set about reducing the overall fastest lap of the race, reeling in the two cars ahead at between two and three seconds per lap, depending on how the traffic fell. The fresher tyres gave me confidence to push where the previous ones hadn't (I don't blame them for the spin - I was far too optimistic), which made it all the more fun. By lap 55, I was on Alonso's gearbox and the Ferrari was no longer a match for me down the pit straight as I got the better exit from the final corner. It was over before I had to brake for turn one, through which I opened out a half-second gap to him. Comfortable that there would be no counter, I attacked the track with everything I had, leaving not an inch to spare. Another fastest lap, and Vettel crossed the start/finish line just a second ahead of me going in to the final lap. Everything felt great. The options had started to wear now, but there was still enough grip left to hang on to the back of the sister Red Bull all through turns 11 and 12. Coming up to 13, I moved out to the right and, braking as late as I dared, I passed him, barely making the corner. That was it, I was ahead, and the next few corners were a breeze. Crossing the line was the greatest feeling ever. I had my first win in Formula One, the first of the season for the team and I was joint leader of the drivers' championship, with the team a good 20 points ahead of Ferrari in the constructors' table.

Over the radio came the voice of my engineer, Ron Smoogley, confirming the win and my position in the standings. This was it. I'd made my mark on Formula One, cemented my status as a top-line driver capable of taking the fight to the best, not a lucky guy who had found his way from a mid-field team in to one of the best seats upon the grid. I was no number two, I was no longer a rookie. I was a champion in the making and this is where the fight began.

...okay, so I got carried away. But for some reason this feels like I've really achieved something*! :hehe:

* Well aware that I need to get out more.
By Denthúl

:yes::hehe:

:P

It's the most fun I've had playing a game since playing Battle for Wesnoth online with a friend. Actually getting excited about the 2011 game. :D
By Robert12010
Best race ever tonight.

I joined Red Bull for this season, kicking it off with a tough race in Bahrain. Qualified on pole (I've always gone well in Bahrain, regardless of the game o.o) but started sixth due to a penalty for pit-lane speeding during qualifying. Went on to cross the line in second, but a time penalty put me behind my team-mate. I've not quite adapted to the way the car handles yet, it's definitely different to the others I've tried so far. Moving on to Australia, the fun begins. Decided to make use of the Friday session to actually do some long-running for once and worked out that I could get 20 laps out of the options from full-fuel. Great. In to qualifying and I made it to third on the grid, which I thought was good for only my second race with the team. Come Sunday, the track is wet. The forecast shows that it's not going to stay wet for too long and the rain is only light, but I decide to throw on the full wet tyres whilst everyone else that I can see starts on inters.

At first, I thought it was a mistake as I lost a position at the start, but very quickly came back at Button to retake third. By the end of the lap, I was past Alonso and chasing down my team-mate. The move happened on lap eight, I came out of the first corner much faster and out-braked him in to turn three. This gave me some good, clean-air to build up a nice five-second gap before they all pitted on lap 11. I chose to stay out for another lap, something which did turn out to be a mistake, and I came out of the pits in third place, on the prime tyre (it turns out both Alonso and Vettel had gone on to the primes, too, so I'd made the right call, at least). By lap 40, I'd managed to pass both again and, once more, the gap was up to five seconds. On lap 45, I set the fastest lap of the race, pushing the gap up by another second, but then I screwed it all up. Taking too much kerb, putting my foot down too early in my eagerness to extend the gap even further, I spun the car coming through turn six and unfortunately clipped the wall, removing my front wing.

Cursing heavily, I recovered as quickly as I could, being passed by Vettel, Alonso and the HRT of what I think was Bruno Senna, though he was a lap down and got out of my way quickly enough. Rushing back to the pits as fast as I could (not easy when the front end doesn't want to turn at all), I managed to select the option tyre from the menu just before crossing the line in to the pits. At least it would allow me to pass the three cars of Schumacher, Button and Hamilton who had flown past whilst I sat in the box. By now, Vettel had 28 seconds on me, with Alonso six behind him. It was lap 47 and I didn't expect anything better than third place. Obviously, by this time, everyone's prime tyres had started to wear and, with a fresh set of boots on my car, I was impressed by the speed with which I caught and passed the two McLarens, though it got a bit hairy when Jenson decided he wasn't going to give up easily, almost pushing me off in to the kitty litter. It took only another lap to catch Schumacher, who was three seconds up the road. The grip from the options this late in the race was unbelievable, especially now that the fuel load was down.

Lap after lap, I set about reducing the overall fastest lap of the race, reeling in the two cars ahead at between two and three seconds per lap, depending on how the traffic fell. The fresher tyres gave me confidence to push where the previous ones hadn't (I don't blame them for the spin - I was far too optimistic), which made it all the more fun. By lap 55, I was on Alonso's gearbox and the Ferrari was no longer a match for me down the pit straight as I got the better exit from the final corner. It was over before I had to brake for turn one, through which I opened out a half-second gap to him. Comfortable that there would be no counter, I attacked the track with everything I had, leaving not an inch to spare. Another fastest lap, and Vettel crossed the start/finish line just a second ahead of me going in to the final lap. Everything felt great. The options had started to wear now, but there was still enough grip left to hang on to the back of the sister Red Bull all through turns 11 and 12. Coming up to 13, I moved out to the right and, braking as late as I dared, I passed him, barely making the corner. That was it, I was ahead, and the next few corners were a breeze. Crossing the line was the greatest feeling ever. I had my first win in Formula One, the first of the season for the team and I was joint leader of the drivers' championship, with the team a good 20 points ahead of Ferrari in the constructors' table.

Over the radio came the voice of my engineer, Ron Smoogley, confirming the win and my position in the standings. This was it. I'd made my mark on Formula One, cemented my status as a top-line driver capable of taking the fight to the best, not a lucky guy who had found his way from a mid-field team in to one of the best seats upon the grid. I was no number two, I was no longer a rookie. I was a champion in the making and this is where the fight began.

...okay, so I got carried away. But for some reason this feels like I've really achieved something*! :hehe:

that sounds better than the real bahrain race!! :hehe:
By Denthúl
Best race ever tonight.

This was Australia! Bahrain was boring and I swear, by the end of it, I felt like Hamilton. I just couldn't use the "I is black" excuse to justify the stewards' behaviour. :hehe:
By Nomad
Best race ever tonight.

Sounds awesome haha, I feel like getting it now.
By Frontrunner
I really enjoyed reading that Denthul, great stuff :thumbup:

I could never do a full race on 2010, mainly because I get annoyed with BS tyre failures and I'm not to good at nursing my tyres. Codemasters should of put a option where you can turn off tyre failures for people who suck at nursing tyres, Anyway F1 2011 will be very different with Pirelli tyres and more pit stops so that might be better for me than F1 2010's one mandatory pit stop (dry race).
By Robert12010
Best race ever tonight.

This was Australia! Bahrain was boring and I swear, by the end of it, I felt like Hamilton. I just couldn't use the "I is black" excuse to justify the stewards' behaviour. :hehe:

:hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!