FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By geetface9
Are you guys all playing this on the PC or what? I play on xbox 360 and the only glitch I've encountered is the one where you get passed up real bad in the pit lane. I'm on my 3rd season too so I've had quite a bit of play time...probably at least 75 hours by now

I'm on 360, I'm back into the game now I have had some time away from it. That glitch has been fixed in the patch they released in January or December. I take it you haven't got live to update it for you?

I'm on Season 6 of 7, 2nd year at Williams. hopefully I can get an offer from McLaren at long last at the end of this season.

Nice my first 2 years were with Lotus and now I'm with Toro Rosso and I just finished hungary (hate that track, I never do well there, but I love it cuz Webber raped all the competition there last year :hehe: )

Yeah I have live so I've had the updates. I actually thought it was fixed for a while but literally yesterday I lost 5 spots in the pits -_- But other than that I've found few glitches. Off the top of my head I know there is one with the braking lines into the pits. I always change my race strategy to pit a lap before the strategy the game sets for you, and usually on the lap after my pit the braking line will go into the pits so I have to hit my pit button to get it to switch back to the normal braking line. Other than that I haven't noticed anything much other than those 2 things. Maybe I really am not looking hard enough cuz I'd rather be oblivious to it all :D

I saw some people complain about some overly aggressive AI but I actually find that quite entertaining cuz I can be a real prick!! Most of the time I try and keep it clean but when I get kinda heated I will make a really absurd dive for the inside line and side swipe somebody's sidepods.....I think like 75% of the time that's against vettel and then I feel no remorse :twisted:
By Robert12010
Are you guys all playing this on the PC or what? I play on xbox 360 and the only glitch I've encountered is the one where you get passed up real bad in the pit lane. I'm on my 3rd season too so I've had quite a bit of play time...probably at least 75 hours by now

I'm on 360, I'm back into the game now I have had some time away from it. That glitch has been fixed in the patch they released in January or December. I take it you haven't got live to update it for you?

I'm on Season 6 of 7, 2nd year at Williams. hopefully I can get an offer from McLaren at long last at the end of this season.

Nice my first 2 years were with Lotus and now I'm with Toro Rosso and I just finished hungary (hate that track, I never do well there, but I love it cuz Webber raped all the competition there last year :hehe: )

Yeah I have live so I've had the updates. I actually thought it was fixed for a while but literally yesterday I lost 5 spots in the pits -_- But other than that I've found few glitches. Off the top of my head I know there is one with the braking lines into the pits. I always change my race strategy to pit a lap before the strategy the game sets for you, and usually on the lap after my pit the braking line will go into the pits so I have to hit my pit button to get it to switch back to the normal braking line. Other than that I haven't noticed anything much other than those 2 things. Maybe I really am not looking hard enough cuz I'd rather be oblivious to it all :D

I saw some people complain about some overly aggressive AI but I actually find that quite entertaining cuz I can be a real prick!! Most of the time I try and keep it clean but when I get kinda heated I will make a really absurd dive for the inside line and side swipe somebody's sidepods.....I think like 75% of the time that's against vettel and then I feel no remorse :twisted:

:rofl:
By Jamie
Forget your 360's :rofl:

I am a PS3 and they are better....Just because I said sooo lol!

But I gave up @ monaco, I might cheat it & just drive over the chicane right after the tunnel. You know which bit I mean and you know You've done it ;)

:rofl::rofl:

No denial hereeee LOOOOL!
By Robert12010

But I gave up @ monaco, I might cheat it & just drive over the chicane right after the tunnel. You know which bit I mean and you know You've done it ;)

Lol, i love driving around monaco :cloud9: oh and silverstone, spa, monza, aus is not bad, plus i really love abu dhabi hint hint :wink: : :hehe:
By Jamie

Lol, i love driving around monaco :cloud9: oh and silverstone, spa, monza, aus is not bad, plus i really love abu dhabi hint hint :wink: : :hehe:

LMAO!!!!!!!!! I hate Monaco, hard race!
By Robert12010

LMAO!!!!!!!!! I hate Monaco, hard race!

well its funny, the first season i got black flagged, weather was almost undriveable, and the second year i crashed out, but havent been back since due this corruption! :hehe:
By Bubbie
funny enough, last night I was in the part of the season where I was at Monaco as the number two driver for Red Bull. I just couldn't seem to do well. I was able to drive right on the limit, but I guess my car setup just wasn't good enough. I use the quick setups and picked the lowest dry setup for Monaco. Any of the faster ones and I had trouble holding it together especially at the second to last corner and threading into the pit straight. Oh well, still second in the championship.
By Robert12010
funny enough, last night I was in the part of the season where I was at Monaco as the number two driver for Red Bull. I just couldn't seem to do well. I was able to drive right on the limit, but I guess my car setup just wasn't good enough. I use the quick setups and picked the lowest dry setup for Monaco. Any of the faster ones and I had trouble holding it together especially at the second to last corner and threading into the pit straight. Oh well, still second in the championship.

not too shaby ey :wink::hehe:
By geetface9

LOL I know when I'm playing online a lot of people will do that on the first lap of the 3 lap sprint races since you just get a warning but you can't do it a 2nd time or else you get the 10 sec penalty and then I will go balls out and put in some quick lap times without cheating like then and when they're all ahead of me on the 3rd lap I will blast past that chicance with just a warning and win the race........I lol every time
By geetface9
Yo, have any of you guys ever gone into a corner a little too fast and just shifted up to lose some power and speed instead of braking more? Sometimes I will shift up to lose power so my car slows down on its own cuz sometimes braking throws the car off a little too much to keep the turn smooth and then I'll just floor it and shift back down coming out of the turn and blast away. It's probably not great on the engine or really that good of a driving style but hey, it works blahahaha and I'm talking more about higher speed turns like 4th gear turns around tracks like silverstone and hungary. Am I alone on this?
By Cubejam
I completed my first 100% race today. 100% on Valencia. 1hour 40 mins, 57 seconds.

1st position with Williams, 25.2 seconds ahead of Hamilton in second.
By Frontrunner
I completed my first 100% race today. 100% on Valencia. 1hour 40 mins, 57 seconds.

I could never do 100% races on F12010. Too many tyre blow outs. Mainly because I like to go hell for leather and I don't like to drive around for a hour and half nursing my tyres. I would of been nice if you can turn off tyre punctures for us folk that go for it. And there are some dogdey tyre blow outs aswell.

I remember driving out the pit lane for the first time in FP1 at Monza in my first season and a tyre blew out and I barely did 5 metres. WTF :irked:
By Robert12010

I could never do 100% races on F12010. Too many tyre blow outs. Mainly because I like to go hell for leather and I don't like to drive around for a hour and half nursing my tyres. I would of been nice if you can turn off tyre punctures for us folk that go for it. And there are some dogdey tyre blow outs aswell.

I remember driving out the pit lane for the first time in FP1 at Monza in my first season and a tyre blew out and I barely did 5 metres. WTF :irked:

:hehe:
By Hammer278
Glad to see this thread. I need help... :banghead:

Just dwlded this yesterday, graphics are awesome, good 'storyline interface and all that.

Now for the negatives..

I find the panel control very very limited. Where are the options for driving aids? Such as steering, traction, etcetc...and WHY CAN'T I CONTROL MY OWN CAR IN THE PITLANE???

I see the "My F1" part which you click on, but there's not much there. Graphics and controller setup, etc. But I'm trying to turn off the Pitlane aid, allow myself to take over up and downshifting whenever I want (note: while using auto transmission) in order to increase/decrease revs to my liking and I can't do that. The EA 99-2002 challenge had this little nugget which i really appreciated.

Little help from anyone on these queries, greatly appreciated.

Cheers. :drink:
By Frontrunner
Glad to see this thread. I need help... :banghead:

Just dwlded this yesterday, graphics are awesome, good 'storyline interface and all that.

Now for the negatives..

I find the panel control very very limited. Where are the options for driving aids? Such as steering, traction, etcetc...and WHY CAN'T I CONTROL MY OWN CAR IN THE PITLANE???

I see the "My F1" part which you click on, but there's not much there. Graphics and controller setup, etc. But I'm trying to turn off the Pitlane aid, allow myself to take over up and downshifting whenever I want (note: while using auto transmission) in order to increase/decrease revs to my liking and I can't do that. The EA 99-2002 challenge had this little nugget which i really appreciated.

Little help from anyone on these queries, greatly appreciated.

Cheers. :drink:

Go to the Pause menu when your racing and you can change driver aids there. TC, ABS, trans, pitlane, ect

See our F1 related articles too!