FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.

What's the best point system?

The one we have is just fine
42%
Go back to the previous one (10 or 9, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1)
42%
Leave as is except winner gets 10+X with X being >0
8%
Count only X GP's for championship with X being <17
8%
Totally different/new system (explain below)
No votes
0%
By Irv the Swerve
I'm wondering if the championship outcomes would have been different under the old points system in recent years...

That would be an interesting comparison... Someone somewhere must have done it already...

Swerve the Irv would have won the WDT in 99 with the new system but i don't know about the old one. :)
Last edited by Irv the Swerve on 14 Mar 07, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
By darwin dali
Points are important, especially further down the echelon because of the way travel money is allocated to teams. Plus it just looks bad (for all of F1) if a team ends up with a big fat zero for points after an entire season. If they can get at least a couple points now and then, that might give them hope :twisted::P
By madbrad
Points are important, especially further down the echelon because of the way travel money is allocated to teams. Plus it just looks bad (for all of F1) if a team ends up with a big fat zero for points after an entire season. If they can get at least a couple points now and then, that might give them hope :twisted::P

So you're saying they should have points further down the field, like say back to 10th or so? I'm good with that.
By darwin dali
Yup, that's what I'm saying. There should be a difference between crapping out and arriving at the checkered flag in terms of rewards.

See our F1 related articles too!