FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By Jamie
Awesome start to the Seaon!!!

Well done Haslam! Bloody brilliant for us Brits!!!

:)

Your thoughts?
By EwanM
Nobody? Too many Moto Gp fans :P

Great opening weekend. Haslam has the chance to be champion this year, and he bloody deserves it. I was surprised about Byrne because he has looked so strong over the winter, sadly he was injured in practice and that cost him. Haga also had an injury but he made quite a lot of headway in the races.

I tell you though Fab looks very strong, and he certainly has the backing of Ducatti, so who knows?

Still tight, even Yamaha look alright (it is funny seeing Crutchlow outpace Toseland lol).
By Jamie

Great opening weekend. Haslam has the chance to be champion this year, and he bloody deserves it. I was surprised about Byrne because he has looked so strong over the winter, sadly he was injured in practice and that cost him. Haga also had an injury but he made quite a lot of headway in the races.

I tell you though Fab looks very strong, and he certainly has the backing of Ducatti, so who knows?

Still tight, even Yamaha look alright (it is funny seeing Crutchlow outpace Toseland lol).

I did find that very ammusing. He isn't that good anymore really is he? He is like the Jacques V of Moto Gp :hehe:
By EwanM

I did find that very ammusing. He isn't that good anymore really is he? He is like the Jacques V of Moto Gp :hehe:

I dunno give him time.
By Jamie

I dunno give him time.

Pole?

Crutchlow looks set!!!

Yamaha FTW!
By Jamie
Haslam again!!! :yikes:
By EwanM
CRUTCHLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
By EwanM
I called it right. I thought Haslam would have a chance to win race one and he delivered. Before the event, everyone believed that Biaggi would take big points off the championship leader, however Haslam had a perfect weekend in terms of protecting his lead.

Race 2 was absolutely incredible. People will rave about the Moto GP race today, but the second race at Valencia was far better in my opinion.

After being stopped after 3 laps due to a nasty crash for Simon Andrews and Vittorio Iannuzzo, which brought out the red flag.

As the race restarted Checa looked comfortable. It really looked to be between him and Biaggi for the overall victory. However out of no where came Nitro Nori. Haga was incredible Having been off the pace all weekend it all just clicked and he carved his way up through the field to lead. After that it was cat and mouse. A series of trade offs between the 3 of them. Haga managed to win by just over a second on the road... and 0.025 on the combined times.

Amazing weekend from World Supers! Roll on Assen!

See our F1 related articles too!