FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By scotty
Anyone know if there is a 2010 F1 mod in the pipeline?

PS - Jonny how is the Touring Car Legends mod? I'm looking for some super-touring era cars to race with... :P
By 7UpJordan
Anyone know if there is a 2010 F1 mod in the pipeline?

PS - Jonny how is the Touring Car Legends mod? I'm looking for some super-touring era cars to race with... :P

Touring Car Legends is awesome, I love racing with the Rover SD1's and the Ford RS500 Sierra Cosworths. :thumbup:
I have rFactor and mainly just use the GP1979 mod

But then i got the F1 Seven mod for F1C and that's basically the only racing game i play, as i love the 1975 cars. I think at some point im going to have to buy a steering wheel to play these type of games
By scotty
2010 F1MG mod is looking pretty neat so far :)
By 7UpJordan
I got my hands on the F1 1985 mod last week and it's great! You need to have balls and patience to drive these cars, especially with the Turbo lag. The Brabham with it's BMW Turbo is the hardest car to drve.
By scotty
I got my hands on the F1 1985 mod last week and it's great! You need to have balls and patience to drive these cars, especially with the Turbo lag. The Brabham with it's BMW Turbo is the hardest car to drve.

I got that too! Had a quick blast, it's very good, i love the engine sounds they have. :yes: Haven't had much time to play with it too much yet, been involved in a bunch of F1RL09 hotlap tourneys and races.
By ChOnG
Video highlight movie i made for my league. All cars are not ingame yet so we used a fantasy yellow car for the missing cars. Its a private mod for league use only.

YOUTUBE-HD

Thats not my youtube account, its one of the admins from the league. But most of my videos are on there.

Hope you enjoy :)
By scotty
FSone 09 was released yesterday, been playing it today. It is RIDICULOUSLY good! :D:D:D

Anyone else tried it yet?

The attention to detail on the cars is crazy.
By cap-dude
Yeah, just got FSONE 2009 there now and been playing it.

Cars are more fun to drive I think. They're a abit trickier, and slide much more now. The models all look great too. Over the top detail in some cases, with cars like the BMW having around 8 different updates. Some of which don't even really change the appearance of the car visibly. Still pretty cool though that you have can have cars like the Red Bull with skinny or fat nose.

One thing I will say is that the McLaren model looks pretty bad. Just looks less clean cut than the others. Also, despite having included every little update on the other cars, they missed quite a bit on the McLaren, including those winglets on the edge of the front wing. Little known fact, those winglets are worth a lot, more than the double diffuser. Last year most of the teams had them. McLaren didn't. They just had a flat winglet, which is actually why their car was so flawed. But you can visibly see the difference during the German GP when they did update the car. It's a little thing, doesn't really matter. But I just can't help but notice it.
By scotty
Have you got KERS working mate? 'Temporary boost' doesn't activate it, and that would be the obvious button....
By scotty
Got hold of the 1990 SRM mod last night, it's definitely worth a look.
By Denthúl
Ooh. Probably going to have a go with FSONE 2009 after I've finished with this blasted server setup. It does actually look quite good. Need to find where the power cable for my wheel ended up, though... :hehe:
By Denthúl
Alright, so, I got FSONE 2009 running and in the Brawn my fastest lap around Monza is 1:27.883 with a fairly standard setup (all I did was lower the downforce to 11 and 16 for front and rear respectively). I think that's pretty slow. What's worse is that I have a lot of trouble accelerating out of corners and off the line; I'm having to run the TC on the medium setting to be able to drive comfortably without always spinning on corners. Any tips? :/

See our F1 related articles too!