FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By 7UpJordan
I love rFactor, been usng it for about 3 years now. :)
By martracer
when is rf 2 coming out?

well they're trying to launch it as "Simraceway"...
its caused a bit of a stir because there is obviously a commercial agenda behind it all trying to push users to pay for added features...
By 7UpJordan
when is rf 2 coming out?

well they're trying to launch it as "Simraceway"...
its caused a bit of a stir because there is obviously a commercial agenda behind it all trying to push users to pay for added features...

Yeah and rfactorcentral has had a banner saying "rfactorcentral is becoming simraceway.com..." for yonks as well.

I've got a track on there and hope it doesn't end up on simraceway, I know plenty of modding groups that are boycotting both simraceway and rfactorcentral as a result.
By martracer
shame to hear its being boycotted by people.
when I first joined it was like a Pandoras box of loads of cars, tracks and Mods.
now, although the odd good thing is uploaded and there is still a lot of good stuff there, many of the new uploads are thinly disguised copies of other peoples hard work, which is rather naughty.
By 7UpJordan
shame to hear its being boycotted by people.
when I first joined it was like a Pandoras box of loads of cars, tracks and Mods.
now, although the odd good thing is uploaded and there is still a lot of good stuff there, many of the new uploads are thinly disguised copies of other peoples hard work, which is rather naughty.

Yeah, decent mods have all dried up, and now we just get crap and 20 million clones of "F1 20(whatever year it currently is)" with comedy physics, crap sounds and car models.

Tell you what's worth trying out if you haven't got it already, the F1 1993 League Edition mod by F1-SR. :)
By scotty
I play it but really need to get a proper game controller, it's tough with the keyboard at times.

F1 1993 League Edition mod by F1-SR. :)

Where can i get that? Just searching rfactor central for it, i'm a noob at finding all the mods... :blush:
By 7UpJordan
You won't find it on there, the people who made it are one of the mod teams boycotting rfactorcentral. Here's the right place to find it. :)

http://f1-sim-racer.co.uk

And here is a work in progress F1 1990 mod.

http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/inde ... 208&st=250
By scotty
Ah, thanks for the links! Bookmarked! :)

If there's enough interest we could try and set up a forumula1.com race sometime.
By 7UpJordan
That sounds like a good idea. :)

What mods and tracks do you have installed? Cars wise I have

Champcar 2005/06
CTDP F1 2005 (I had 2006 as well before my hard drive failed but it's very hard to get downloaded properly)
F1 1985 Beta
F1 1997 (which is crap and has unrealistic physics)
Formula BMW
GP1979
Touring Car Legends
And the afformentioned F1 1993 League Edition
By scotty
Hmm, i think the ones i have are all F1 mods:

F1 1988
F1RL 2009
FSONE 2008
and the well-known 1979 mod.
Getting the 1993 and '91 mods as i type.

All the installation files are strewn across my computer, i may have more if i can find them...
By 7UpJordan
If we did some races and got some commentary dubbed over it afterwards maybe we could have something like this. :P

[youtube]iSbjlxwwyPI[/youtube]
By scotty
That lap was a lot neater than anything i've ever managed :shock::hehe:

The commentary also missed an important Legardism - Here comes Massa - what can he do?!:twisted:

See our F1 related articles too!