FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
i love trying to figure out where pictures of the Nurburgring are taken. The top one looks like Hatzenbach but not sure...
Is that an abandoned Porsche 914 in the second pic?! From a support race maybe?

Well thats Jackie in a BRM P261 which makes the year 1965 or 1966 i'm pretty sure its '66

914 was only brought in in '69 so its not that.

Rainer Schlegelmilch but his website seams to be abit broken
http://www.schlegelmilch.com/New/

It is 1966 I believe. This one always crops up when you search for it too...

Jackie Stewart and Graham Hill - 1966
I always think it looks fake.
i love trying to figure out where pictures of the Nurburgring are taken. The top one looks like Hatzenbach but not sure...

Well thats Jackie in a BRM P261 which makes the year 1965 or 1966 i'm pretty sure its '66

Ah nice one, googled that found the corners.

Two more legendary corners were Pflanzgarten and the aptly named Flugplatz - meaning airfield in German - where the cars would get airborne going over the hills.Source
I'd hate to be in Stefan Johansson's place here. :P

And in the same race plenty of sparks from Patrese's Brabham too!

Ah nice one, googled that found the corners.

Two more legendary corners were Pflanzgarten and the aptly named Flugplatz - meaning airfield in German - where the cars would get airborne going over the hills.Source

Yup right you are on the 914, the more I look at it the more it looks to me like a Healy or something.

I'm sure that Clark and Stewart one is photoshopped. It could be a still from the opening video to Grand Prix Legends...

I'm a bit of a Nordschleife geek so the shots of the cars airborne are actually just before flugplatz at a point called Quiddelbacher Hohe. Flugplatz was named so because the corner navigates a bank from which gliders had been traditionally launched :thumbup::yawn:

I love that pic of Montjuic with the 312 too... :thumbup:

Amanda, is that 3rd pic of yours at Solitude?
I agree about the Hill-Stewart one, it definitely looks photoshopped to me which is why I didn't post it originally. I had a look around to try and find an original source but couldn't find one so I assumed it was a fake and posted the Jackie Stewart one instead.

Amanda, is that 3rd pic of yours at Solitude?

According to the place I stole it from, yes. I really wouldn't have a clue otherwise.
One thing I think we should consider is that the pic has been enhanced thus giving it the illusion of being photoshopped. I have seen a few of those races and they are indeed getting airborne, I just think the enhancement makes the height seem more than it actually was.

tex
Well it supposed to be but..

This is a better example of a photoshop moment which bud made a few years back. :P

paulricard89.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
the thing that makes look false to me is that the shadow of the car is too small

Height plus angle says it all. Of course the shadow is not going to be on a 1/1 scale for several reasons;

1. The quality of the equipment.
2. In the pic the sunlight is coming from our left thus pushing the shadows image inward on the leftside. Notice how the right side shadow almost aligns perfectly with the the wheels?

My point being is that I have seen these old races and they do get seriously airborne. Imagine what it would have looked like with aerodynamics in place?? :yikes:

See our F1 related articles too!