FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By emma
Dragon Age: Origins :D It's a bit buggy, and the graphics are a little poo, but it's fun!
I'll hopefully finish Dragon Age soon, since both Mass Effect 2 and Final Fantasy XIII are being released soonish (it's gonna be hard deciding which one to play first!).
By Selcouth_Feline
Dragon Age: Origins :D It's a bit buggy, and the graphics are a little poo, but it's fun!
I'll hopefully finish Dragon Age soon, since both Mass Effect 2 and Final Fantasy XIII are being released soonish (it's gonna be hard deciding which one to play first!).

Ah, I had Dragon age on the PC. Haven't finished it yet (nearly there - at the final bit) but sunk a shed load of hours in. Was v. good :thumbup: Although I didn't get as immersed in the world as some other RPGs (like Oblivion). I'm not sure whether to get ME2 or not - I played ME and it was OK but the fact you had to watch all the cut-scenes bugged me a bit - felt more like a movie with small pieces of gameplay rather than a game with a few cinematics.
By emma
Ah, I had Dragon age on the PC. Haven't finished it yet (nearly there - at the final bit) but sunk a shed load of hours in. Was v. good :thumbup: Although I didn't get as immersed in the world as some other RPGs (like Oblivion). I'm not sure whether to get ME2 or not - I played ME and it was OK but the fact you had to watch all the cut-scenes bugged me a bit - felt more like a movie with small pieces of gameplay rather than a game with a few cinematics.

I think I'm a bit of a odd gamer - I love cutscenes! Hence why I like the Final Fantasy games and other RPGs, both Japanese and Western :) For me, it's the story that gives me reason to play - why else would I spend hours upon hours running around beating the crap out of various monsters? :hehe:
I played Oblivion and really enjoyed it (even though it sometimes scared the crap outta me!), but I never finished it... and I don't think I'll ever get around to it. I loved some of the side-missions, like the one where you entered the painting and had to kill all the painted trolls - for an RPG, that's quite inventive!

There are apparently a lot of improvements to ME2 (no texture pop, no more samey buildings, no more standing to attention in lifts :hehe: ), so I'm excited :D
By Selcouth_Feline
I think I'm a bit of a odd gamer - I love cutscenes! Hence why I like the Final Fantasy games and other RPGs, both Japanese and Western :) For me, it's the story that gives me reason to play - why else would I spend hours upon hours running around beating the crap out of various monsters? :hehe:

I think the problem is it ruins replay value for me - there's no way I'm sitting through all those ME cut-scenes again :( I do like the cut scenes in Dragon Age, but because I read quickly I tend to read the sub titles and not watch the entire cut-scenes. Particularly love Alistair's sarcasm :rofl:

I'm OK with Assassins Creed 2 cut scenes at the moment and will probably play it again. But I think that's because it's such an open game that you can run around a lot and avoid the cut scenes when you aren't in the mood.

I played Oblivion and really enjoyed it (even though it sometimes scared the crap outta me!), but I never finished it... and I don't think I'll ever get around to it. I loved some of the side-missions, like the one where you entered the painting and had to kill all the painted trolls - for an RPG, that's quite inventive!

Time black hole - I lost half my life to that game :( Was it the Oblivion Gates that scared you? I gave up in the end and just ran through them as fast I possibly could because they annoyed me so much! Did you ever try Fallout 3? It was meant to be fantastic but I never really liked the whole scenario as much....found it depressing more than anything.

Did anyone on here try the PS3 MAG beta over Christmas?
By emma
I think the problem is it ruins replay value for me - there's no way I'm sitting through all those ME cut-scenes again

Ah, well - I tend to only play a game once, especially when it's as long as ME or Dragon Age. If I've sunk 40+ hours into a game once, I'd rather spend another 40+ hours playing another game :hehe:
The only long game I've ever played more than once is Final Fantasy VII, and I had a gap of a few years inbetween playthroughs, so I quite happily watched all the scenes again.

Particularly love Alistair's sarcasm

Haha, I hooked up with Alistair ;)
He's so damn adorable.

Was it the Oblivion Gates that scared you?

YES!! Actually, it wasn't just those, but they were the worst :hehe:.
I think it was just the whole first-person perspective thing - I felt like someone / something was creeping up on me all the time. And then I'd run into a trap I hadn't noticed, or someone would attack me from nowhere, and it would make me physically jump. I think I even squealed a few times :hehe:

As for Fallout 3 - I've never played it, but I'd like to! One of my friends has it, so I might see if I can borrow it. But that might have to wait until I'm done with ME2 and FFXIII - which will probably be in a few months lol. Too many games, too little time!
By Selcouth_Feline
Anyone playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2? Got it a day early yesterday and spent most of the day playing. Totally awesome!
By Gaz
Anyone playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2? Got it a day early yesterday and spent most of the day playing. Totally awesome!

Yeh i'm going to get it on PC i think, looks excellent.
By emma
Anyone else played Heavy Rain yet? What did you think of it?
I'm currently trying to get all of the trophies...
By Selcouth_Feline

Just saw this advertised on TV. Looks pretty good - are you enjoying it? I'm tempted to get White Knight Chronicles but it seems to have quite mixed reviews....

I'm still playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 online. Just got the 12x sniper scope so I'm a happy bunny!
By Jensonb

No, because I found out the ending and it sucks.
By stonemonkey

I thought there was more than one ending.

Have been thinking about getting it but still not sure, maybe wait until I see it pre-owned in blockbuster or something.
And I don't get the trophy thing at all.
By Jensonb

I thought there was more than one ending.

Have been thinking about getting it but still not sure, maybe wait until I see it pre-owned in blockbuster or something.
And I don't get the trophy thing at all.

I mean the solution to the mystery - IE, who the killer is.
By bud
atleast PS3's online gaming is Free. Gameover XBOX :wavey:

See our F1 related articles too!