FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
Personally I believe the suns activity is a large player in the global temp change

CO2 released by humans pales in comparison to the CO2 released by Forrest fires, swamps and volcanoes

Do you have some quantitative data you base that opinion on or is that something you heard someone say on television once? You know that it's not only the increased release of CO2 into the atmosphere but the fact that we are reducing the planet's ability to soak it back through deforestation so it's a compound problem.

http://www.astro-sharp.com/tggws.asp

Just a small bit, I choose not to buy into end of the world/doomsday BS

Who's talking about doomsday? Doomsday for whom? Our day to day lives would be affected, but the earth will be here long after we're gone so I'm not sure where the doomsday prediction is coming from. Anyway, what you've linked to is a guy's blog... I am talking about you showing supporting empirical data from a recognized research entity showing that forest fires and volcano eruptions spew more CO2 into the atmosphere than the cumulative industrialization of humanity throughout the world. That's the problem with just repeating something without being able to back it up. Saying it doesn't make it true. So in fact you're wrong, the amount of CO2 that is emitted by industrial nations is conservatively estimated at 10 times the amount of CO2 that's released into the atmosphere by volcanic activity yearly on a global basis. Take a look at the 2011 annual energy review from the , US Energy Information Administration not some guy's blog.

Oh and BTW, the guy's blog you linked to is debunking the debunk.

The original data published was faked even though it is in the scientific journals, so if you source a study you have to think about there motive. It all depends on who you choose to believe

Are you a leading climatologist with peer reviewed published data?

I will start my long term studies on the global biomes before my next post
Personally I believe the suns activity is a large player in the global temp change

CO2 released by humans pales in comparison to the CO2 released by Forrest fires, swamps and volcanoes

Do you have some quantitative data you base that opinion on or is that something you heard someone say on television once? You know that it's not only the increased release of CO2 into the atmosphere but the fact that we are reducing the planet's ability to soak it back through deforestation so it's a compound problem.

http://www.astro-sharp.com/tggws.asp

Just a small bit, I choose not to buy into end of the world/doomsday BS

Who's talking about doomsday? Doomsday for whom? Our day to day lives would be affected, but the earth will be here long after we're gone so I'm not sure where the doomsday prediction is coming from. Anyway, what you've linked to is a guy's blog... I am talking about you showing supporting empirical data from a recognized research entity showing that forest fires and volcano eruptions spew more CO2 into the atmosphere than the cumulative industrialization of humanity throughout the world. That's the problem with just repeating something without being able to back it up. Saying it doesn't make it true. So in fact you're wrong, the amount of CO2 that is emitted by industrial nations is conservatively estimated at 10 times the amount of CO2 that's released into the atmosphere by volcanic activity yearly on a global basis. Take a look at the 2011 annual energy review from the , US Energy Information Administration not some guy's blog.

Oh and BTW, the guy's blog you linked to is debunking the debunk.

The original data published was faked even though it is in the scientific journals, so if you source a study you have to think about there motive. It all depends on who you choose to believe

Are you a leading climatologist with peer reviewed published data?

I will start my long term studies on the global biomes before my next post

Nope, not a climatologist with peer reviewed published data, but I do read up carefully from scientific sources on what I speak about instead of repeating what I heard on a television talk show or on a conspiracy web forum. So if you're going to say that the original data was faked, which coincidentally was the genesis for the OP on this thread you should be aware of the facts below;

I'm also not an accredited peer reviewed biologist, but I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't say the theory of evolution is junk science because there's some people that have a competing theory called intelligent design. Facts are facts, and they are quantifiable and measurable and verifiable, you can argue all you want about the cause of climate change, but you can't argue that it's not happening and that we (meaning the industrialized world) are not contributing to it.

Debunking Misinformation About Stolen Climate Emails in the "Climategate" Manufactured Controversy

The manufactured controversy over emails stolen from the University of East Anglia's Climatic Research Unit has generated a lot more heat than light. The email content being quoted does not indicate that climate data and research have been compromised. Most importantly, nothing in the content of these stolen emails has any impact on our overall understanding that human activities are driving dangerous levels of global warming. Media reports and contrarian claims that they do are inaccurate.

Investigations Clear Scientists of Wrongdoing

Six official investigations have cleared scientists of accusations of wrongdoing.

A three-part Penn State University cleared scientist Michael Mann of wrongdoing.
Two reviews commissioned by the University of East Anglia"supported the honesty and integrity of scientists in the Climatic Research Unit."
A UK Parliament report concluded that the emails have no bearing on our understanding of climate science and that claims against UEA scientists are misleading.
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Inspector General's office concluded there was no evidence of wrongdoing on behalf of their employees.
The National Science Foundation's Inspector General's office concluded, "Lacking any direct evidence of research misconduct...we are closing this investigation with no further action."

Other agencies and media outlets have investigated the substance of the emails.

The Environmental Protection Agency, in response to petitions against action to curb heat-trapping emissions, dismissed attacks on the science rooted in the stolen emails.
Factcheck.org debunked claims that the emails put the conclusions of climate science into question.
Politifact.com rated claims that the emails falsify climate science as "false."
An Associated Press review of the emails found that they "don't undercut the vast body of evidence showing the world is warming because of man-made greenhouse gas emissions."

You know that it's not only the increased release of CO2 into the atmosphere but the fact that we are reducing the planet's ability to soak it back through deforestation so it's a compound problem.

Exactly! Its really not hard to fathom how man can affect his environment, just look outside you see it everywhere.
Just ran across a statistic a couple of days ago that 16 out of the last 17 years have been the hottest globally in recorded history. The chart attached stops at 2010 but you get the idea. The other chart track the increased number of violent storms. The exception was 1996 when the "El Niño" effect was being felt bringing the average global temps down.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Politics, climate-change and religion. You've hit the trifecta :hehe:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
This thread is always hilarious to read through but this guy... winning.
[youtube]CKBC4O5aNR0[/youtube]

What a :censored::censored::vomit:

Yup, complete idiot.

A couple of months back, some nutter from UKIP (far-right british political party) said that the winter storms/flooding was down to God's reaction to the legalisation of gay-marriage. He was promptly excluded from the party. What a complete and utter fool.

See our F1 related articles too!