FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
Quote:
In the end, they decided to turn us away, which they did with an ill grace and in a bad-tempered manner. As soon as the decision was final, the Danish police moved in. One of them began the now familiar technique of manhandling me, in the same fashion as one of his colleagues had done the previous day.
Once again, conscious that a police helicopter with a high-resolution camera was hovering overhead, I thrust my hands into my pockets in accordance with the St. John Ambulance crowd-control training, looked my assailant in the eye and told him, quietly but firmly, to take his hands off me.
He complied, but then decided to have another go. I told him a second time, and he let go a second time. I turned to go and, after I had turned my back, he gave me a mighty shove that flung me to the ground and knocked me out.
I came to some time later (not sure exactly how long), to find my head being cradled by my friends, some of whom were doing their best to keep the police thugs at bay while the volunteer ambulance-men attended to me.
Is the European police state going global? | The SPPI Blog

It's starting already! :eek

We are heading for a situation where the Police will be required to protect the unelected bureaucrats who control Europe from us the public rather than protect the public from criminals. Since NU Labour and B liar came to power basic rights and freedoms we take for granted have been taken away from the British Public with barely a wisper from us and soon we will suffer the consequences. The 'if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear' brigade will now find out what happens yet you let the Police and Bureaucrats have complete control.

The slow death of Democracy is happening in front of our eyes.
Not just climate change but big brother tactics etc etc

Non believers with be sent to the asylums as you must be mad if you dont believe in man made climate change.......
I know, it's all getting a bit silly. And aside from the data being dodgy, and largely secret, guess what quote was found in one of the climate-gate emails - and I find this hard to take out of context! :hehe:

Eugene I. Gordon
David:

I concede all of your points but add one other thought. It is my
grandchildren I worry about and I suspect their grand children
will find it exceedingly warm because sunspots will return and
carbon abatement is only a game; It wont happen significantly
in their lifetime AND IT WONT BE ENOUGH IN ANY CASE. HENCE _WE
WILL NEED A GEOENGINEERING SOLUTION_ COME WHAT MAY!
-gene

But of course, us deniers should just shut up - let the madness continue, and let everyone in developing Countries die through increased food prices... :rolleyes:
I feel the biggest scam in the history of man kind is being unleashed upon us with all of this crap

P.S you facebook sig is quite handy, i didnt know Forumula1.com had there own page, now joined :)
There is a good article in this months National Geographic.
One part of it describes Ice core samples which dont lie, with modern readings of Co2 in the atmosphere being the highest in 1 million years. 2008 Co2 measured 385 parts per million. Pre industrial readings were 271 parts per million. the highest natural reading within 800,000 years was 299 parts per million.

Also it shows how the planet absorbs CO2, 30% is absorbed by plants and soil, 25% absorbed by the ocean, < 1% is absorbed by rocks and sediment, while 45% remains in the atmosphere.
Problem is that 30% of plant and soil is largely from the Amazon rainforest and other rain forests around the world. but with Deforestation this affects the amount of absorption and increases unnatural CO2 even more!

quote fom the article the Carbon Bathtub.

It's simple, really: As long as we pour CO2 into the atmosphere faster than nature drains it out, the planet warms. And that extra carbon takes a long time to drain out of the tub.
Simple really rather than tax us and every other country to death stop cutting down the f,ing trees!!
Simple really rather than tax us and every other country to death stop cutting down the f,ing trees!!

and taxing you for a war on oil is ok?

Nope its not ok but thats a different story altogether isnt it :wink:

:clap::yes: Theyve known about this for ages but done nothing. Obviously it doesnt make enough money.
The global average surface temperature in 2011 was the ninth warmest since 1880, according to NASA scientists. The finding continues a trend in which nine of the 10 warmest years in the modern meteorological record have occurred since the year 2000.

I know, no one's going to change their mind on this, but there's no argument about the actual data.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Personally I believe the suns activity is a large player in the global temp change

CO2 released by humans pales in comparison to the CO2 released by Forrest fires, swamps and volcanoes
Personally I believe the suns activity is a large player in the global temp change

CO2 released by humans pales in comparison to the CO2 released by Forrest fires, swamps and volcanoes

Do you have some quantitative data you base that opinion on or is that something you heard someone say on television once? You know that it's not only the increased release of CO2 into the atmosphere but the fact that we are reducing the planet's ability to soak it back through deforestation so it's a compound problem.

Do you have some quantitative data you base that opinion on or is that something you heard someone say on television once? You know that it's not only the increased release of CO2 into the atmosphere but the fact that we are reducing the planet's ability to soak it back through deforestation so it's a compound problem.

Let alone what we do to our ozone layer!

http://www.astro-sharp.com/tggws.asp

Just a small bit, I choose not to buy into end of the world/doomsday BS

http://www.astro-sharp.com/tggws.asp

Just a small bit, I choose not to buy into end of the world/doomsday BS

Who's talking about doomsday? Doomsday for whom? Our day to day lives would be affected, but the earth will be here long after we're gone so I'm not sure where the doomsday prediction is coming from. Anyway, what you've linked to is a guy's blog... I am talking about you showing supporting empirical data from a recognized research entity showing that forest fires and volcano eruptions spew more CO2 into the atmosphere than the cumulative industrialization of humanity throughout the world. That's the problem with just repeating something without being able to back it up. Saying it doesn't make it true. So in fact you're wrong, the amount of CO2 that is emitted by industrial nations is conservatively estimated at 10 times the amount of CO2 that's released into the atmosphere by volcanic activity yearly on a global basis. Take a look at the 2011 annual energy review from the , US Energy Information Administration not some guy's blog.

Oh and BTW, the guy's blog you linked to is debunking the debunk.

See our F1 related articles too!