FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
Man people get offended by everything these days...

I hate PC BS :irked:

PC? Like the computer? :confused:

yes its Mac all the way mate!

but no i meant Political Correct

Man initials mess with my head.

But I agree dude, there's too many muppets trying to kiss everyone's arse nowadays.

But I agree dude, there's too many muppets trying to kiss everyone's arse nowadays.

True too many people with the "it`s the right thing to do" attitude doing the rounds nowadays :(
By Tony_sa
It all started when someone come up with Human Rights

no like myownalias said. it all starts when people look for stuff to complain about.
Ah the old British knack of complaining about nothing... time to get Mary Whitehouse [R.I.P.] on the case!

I saw the comment being made, and it certainly didn't make me think he was referring to people. I believe that the OP is just stirring.
Hi F1 Supporters

Yesterday I was shocked watching the Abu Dhabi Qualifying, when out of no where, commentator Martin Brundle made a racist comment, calling the Arab F1
supporters CAMELS. If the same comment was made by an Arab Commentator calling European supporters pigs, there would have been Uproar.
I love F1 and am sad to see such racism wrapped in humour creeping into the sport.
You can view the remarks on http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer on the F1 qualifying video. time of remarks 1:30 to 1:31

Oh shut it :rolleyes::wavey-finger:
By Tony_sa
Hi F1 Supporters

Yesterday I was shocked watching the Abu Dhabi Qualifying, when out of no where, commentator Martin Brundle made a racist comment, calling the Arab F1
supporters CAMELS. If the same comment was made by an Arab Commentator calling European supporters pigs, there would have been Uproar.
I love F1 and am sad to see such racism wrapped in humour creeping into the sport.
You can view the remarks on http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer on the F1 qualifying video. time of remarks 1:30 to 1:31

Oh shut it :rolleyes::wavey-finger:

ditto...
i hate PC too :banghead:

:yes: me too. Its gone mad.
hi All

A fantastic end to the season at a fantastic track. The duel between Button and Webber in the final laps was just awesome. My drive of the day would have to go to Kobayashi and can't wait to see him race next year.

Finally, thank you all for the comments and support re. racism post.
If you too want to show racism the RED card. You can log your complaint with the BBC at www.bbc.co.uk/complaints and get them to investigate.
Nothing to do with PC, and all to do wth how much respect you have for people of other cultures.
hi All

A fantastic end to the season at a fantastic track. The duel between Button and Webber in the final laps was just awesome. My drive of the day would have to go to Kobayashi and can't wait to see him race next year.

If you too want to show racism the RED card. You can log your complaint with the BBC at http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints and get them to investigate.
Nothing to do with PC, and all to do wth how much respect you have for people of other cultures.

Most of my best mates are asian or black, and i certainly know my asian friends would take exception to that comment, so i can't support your tirade.
hi All

If you too want to show racism the RED card. You can log your complaint with the BBC at http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints and get them to investigate.

I seriously can't believe that you're still going on about this, despite the fact that you're the only one who (wrongly) interpreted Brundle's comment that way.
hi All

How was he being racist by saying an animal was watching the race? he was not saying that people of Arabic descent are camels.

Martin Brundle is an absoutly gentle and a fantastic commentator and racing driver and PC idiots like you need get a life and stop crying wolf every time you think you've heard something like that.

Get your facts straight before coming on this forum accusing someone that many members hold in very high regard of being a racist i believe that's call Slander perhaps you could consider that idiot. :banghead:
Hi F1 Supporters

Man, i have to disagree with you on this,even being black myself.

He was referring to Hiki waving at nothing,meaning there was just desert and probably camels to keep him company.This is how dumb threads get started and people blaming it on the black guy complaining when it's actually the "PC" brigade hearing things that are not there.

I think you really need to actually listen,think about what people are actually saying,instead of jumping to conclusions. :nono::nono::nono:
hi All

Hmmm, his first post since joining the forum and he makes a spurious complaint about alleged racism and his 2nd post makes no reference to any of the posts by forum members lambasting his ridiculous comment but goes ahead and invites us all to join in his campaign.

See our F1 related articles too!