4%
Red Bull
2%
Other
4%
Retires from F1
15%
By JamesD89
If McLaren are looking for a safe pair of hands alongside Lewis to help them in the constructors title then they should look to Rubens. He will be far cheaper, more motivated, just as quick, an ace at helping with car setup / development and just as quick.

I like that idea, but Whitmarsh says he wants the best two drivers out there. Which would mean Kimi - who is going to contradict himself if the money rumous are true. If he signs for Toyota, he clearly has no amibition to be in F1 and if he takes a year out, the money clearly isn't important to him.
By racechick
Mclaren want the best driver they can get in the other McLaren.

This. I thought McLaren always had the mentality of getting the very best drivers available (and there's surely no doubting that Raikkonen is that man at the moment), and you'd think that, from their point of view, it's worth paying the extra for Raikkonen so that they can actually have a shot at both titles - something that isn't possible with second rate drivers like Slowvalainen.

Yes I think Kimi is the best bet, but wonder how much over the odds they are prepared to pay? They have a top driver, sure two would be nice, but not at any cost. I dont know what figures kimi and mcLaren are talking here?
By Gaz

This. I thought McLaren always had the mentality of getting the very best drivers available (and there's surely no doubting that Raikkonen is that man at the moment), and you'd think that, from their point of view, it's worth paying the extra for Raikkonen so that they can actually have a shot at both titles - something that isn't possible with second rate drivers like Slowvalainen.

Yes I think Kimi is the best bet, but wonder how much over the odds they are prepared to pay? They have a top driver, sure two would be nice, but not at any cost. I dont know what figures kimi and mcLaren are talking here?

Well Kimi was on something like 15mil at Ferrari..

Again its a case of do you want the best car or the best pay.

If it was me and i was that rich i'd go Mclaren any day.
By racechick

Absolutely!!
By JamesD89

Yeah of course, his agent's just holding out so he gets paid his worth. It's still Kimi's decision and I don't think he's likely to be pressured into signing elsewhere.
By Tony_sa

Kimi retainer was around 40mil. if he goes to mclaren they will then have a top experienced driver and a up and coming rookie. dont think mclaren can afford what he asking or they playing a waiting game with his manager.
By McLaren

Kimi retainer was around 40mil. if he goes to mclaren they will then have a top experienced driver and a up and coming rookie. dont think mclaren can afford what he asking or they playing a waiting game with his manager.

I think Kimi is just stalling to get the best deal,which who can blame him.If he isn't that much on coming to McLaren I wouldn't bother chasing him.The way the guy is if he isn't 100% focused and commited to the job I wouldn't want him there anyway.Trouble is his no care attitude(which he appears not saying he is that way)doesn't inspire you to pay top doller for him.

I wouldn't mind the likes of Rosberg ther to be honest,at least you know his career is on the up.
By 7UpJordan
I wouldn't mind the likes of Rosberg ther to be honest,at least you know his career is on the up.

I'd be careful with Nico, I know I've criticised Lewis in the past for his "Fuji moments" but at least those are mainly at start of races or when he's pushing too hard, but Nico has displayed a tendancy to miss open goals and throw away great chances when presented on a plate.

Best off with Kimi in my opinion.
By cap-dude
Lets be honest, Kimi wants to go to a winning team. McLaren is by a long shot his best bet. Whitmarsh failed completely to deny they were in talks with Kimi. But it'll probably all be announced after the season is over.

Nico to McLaren make sense as well. But there seems to be general conclusion that he is going to Brawn GP, and that Mercedes will sign a deal with Brawn.

Next years grid is going to be oh so different. Only Red Bull seem to be consistent with their drivers right now. Everyone else is swapping and changing.
By headless
Lets be honest, Kimi wants to go to a winning team. McLaren is by a long shot his best bet. Whitmarsh failed completely to deny they were in talks with Kimi. But it'll probably all be announced after the season is over.

Nico to McLaren make sense as well. But there seems to be general conclusion that he is going to Brawn GP, and that Mercedes will sign a deal with Brawn.

Next years grid is going to be oh so different. Only Red Bull seem to be consistent with their drivers right now. Everyone else is swapping and changing.

:clap: Red Bull
By scotty
I wonder if he could end up at Brawn actually... :scratchchin:
By Gaz
I wonder if he could end up at Brawn actually... :scratchchin:

Wonder if he'll show button up...bet he would.

I bet John Button will go to Ross Brawn and tell Ross no, since he don't want his son getting pressured by Kimi.

Since all drivers dad's have a say in the running of F1 teams....right?

:P
Last edited by Gaz on 21 Oct 09, 12:33, edited 1 time in total.
By vaptin
ross is smart, if he judges kimi to fit in and drive well then its good, but I doubt he'll pay for kimi
By bud
If Mercedes wants to own Brawn, then Rosberg is going there! Kimi has to lower his price if he wants a drive anywhere in F1.
By JamesD89
ross is smart, if he judges kimi to fit in and drive well then its good, but I doubt he'll pay for kimi

The dynamics between team personnel at Brawn look from the outside to be as good as any. Would he risk upsetting that by placing Kimi in the mix?

See our F1 related articles too!