FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Dedicated to technical discussion...
By stonemonkey
With no re-fueling next year will the KERS runners from this year have an early advantage next year with knowing how to deal with the extra weight? (with or without KERS next year) as it did take some time for them to overcome those problems this year.
I know there'll be a fairly big re-design but the KERS teams have had more experience with dealing with a heavier (without ballast) car with a higher centre of gravity and the problems associated with design and setting up that car with less positionable ballast.
will they still be limited to 1 tank? or can they now have more than one fuel cell?

All I've heard is talk about a bigger fuel tank, not more than one...
every car now on the grid will need a rethink.none of these cars could make a complete race w/o a stop to refuel.alot of the cruse oops i mean ker's cars mount the unit under the fuel cell.so that will have to be moved.it will have to go to a sidepod. ker's should be dropped-we are going to have a big one at the start of a race. next years cars will be alot wider in the front sidepod area. so let's see rid of ker's,max, bernie,todt,turkey,all's well/almost again. burt.

See our F1 related articles too!