FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By Frontrunner
Need help!! Please!!
Don't have a clue how to setup a Nascar for oval tracks, I'm really having trouble with Daytona.

May the search feature be with you, bmwpower explained how he did it earlier in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7167&p=234078&hilit=nascar#p234078

thanks, I will keep that in mind next time.

I managed to win the Daytona race. :eek: Never felt so happy after that. Glad to see the end of that Nascar stuff. :wavey:
By Bye_Ya
Need help!! Please!!
Don't have a clue how to setup a Nascar for oval tracks, I'm really having trouble with Daytona.

May the search feature be with you, bmwpower explained how he did it earlier in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7167&p=234078&hilit=nascar#p234078

thanks, I will keep that in mind next time.

I managed to win the Daytona race. :eek: Never felt so happy after that. Glad to see the end of that Nascar stuff. :wavey:

Yeah, that NASCAR one gave me trouble as well. And like you I was also glad to get done with it. :yawn:
By myownalias
I logged into GT5 after a long period of abstinence and found Spa Francorchamps added to the track roster, it's available via a $4.99 paid track pack or is currently available to race in online events currently... It's well worth a revisit, it's a very different experience in game than it looks on TV and you can not take Eau Rouge flat out even in the dry like F1 cars regularly do... and there seems to be a new feature of punishment for going off track, grip is massively reduced as your tyres have to be cleaned up for a few corners before they regain decent grip, which makes you drive more carefully as the time lost will be more than what it would to slow down a little to avoid going off track!
By scotty
Heard there were some good things included in the latest update too... i'll be pissed off if GT5 went the way of some games and created a situation where the vast majority of extra tracks and cars were only available via paid for DLC! :censored:
By myownalias
Heard there were some good things included in the latest update too... i'll be pissed off if GT5 went the way of some games and created a situation where the vast majority of extra tracks and cars were only available via paid for DLC! :censored:

Yes it's annoying when you get used to free updates but at the same time, they are a business and they need to keep the money flowing in to be able to keep the franchise alive, and is it really any different than a software house releasing a new version of a game every two years with the latest tracks, cars and stats and charging $/£60 for it?
By scotty
Nope, it's not different in monetary terms but it's the principle for me, i'd like to buy a game and not get a half-complete version...
By myownalias
Nope, it's not different in monetary terms but it's the principle for me, i'd like to buy a game and not get a half-complete version...

It's a sign of the times, back in the day, companies had to release 100% completed games as there was no easy way to update, especially on consoles, in this time if uber fast internet connections and nearly every device being internet connected, it's easy to apply patches and add additional paid content without the manufacturing costs of physical media! Polyphony Digital could have easily just released the game and sit back for a while before starting development of GT6 and charging another $60, I'd rather pay a small amount of money to upgrade and add aspects of the game instead of paying $60 for these updates in the guise of a new game and of course you can just add the upgrades you want instead of paying more for updates that you'll never use.

See our F1 related articles too!