FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By Hexagram
It has finally clicked why B-Spec racing is in GT5. Easy grinding is what!
:imwithstupid::deadhorse::banghead2::drunk:

what do you mean? just an easy way to make money/levels?

I'll say this.. I never devoted this much time to b spec in GT4...

Ya pretty much. Easy money provided you give your driver the best car.
By Stealthgate007
To be honest, I don't like B-Spec. I don't really see the point in buying a racing game and then have someone else drive.

However, for Gran Turismo 5 they needed something to differentiate the this release from the last.. B-Spec, on-line, photo, are things they beefed up to make it better..

B-Spec is a Fail because it has potential. If they include it in the game they should give you more coaching options, but how do you do it without making it cumbersome?

I will never get to level 35 or 40 on A-spec because I am not willing to play 4hrs or 24hrs straight (unless they push out an update to make it easier)..

yet I still start a race in B-Spec and flip over and watch a show then go back to it so I can get the valued X2010 some day..

I just hope my best races are not behind me..
By myownalias
The only reason I started playing B Spec is because I needed a Toyota 7 to compete in the classic race car championship on A Spec and now I am just trying to get through the game to Level 40 to see the realistic damage, doubt I'll ever reach level 40 on A Spec, not enough time to sit there for 24 hours racing!
By MattMK45
At the beggining the b-spec AI is utterly useless. I give them cars such as a corvette c5 racecar, mclaren f1, ferrari 458 etc and they still spin even with traction control on 10 and ordering them to consistently drop the pace.
By Hexagram
At the beggining the b-spec AI is utterly useless. I give them cars such as a corvette c5 racecar, mclaren f1, ferrari 458 etc and they still spin even with traction control on 10 and ordering them to consistently drop the pace.

Didn't think you could adjust the TC in B-Spec?

Their skill level is very low at the start. Gotta give them slower cars to build up exp.
By bmwpower

Didn't think you could adjust the TC in B-Spec?

Their skill level is very low at the start. Gotta give them slower cars to build up exp.

True That. Can't expect a level 1-5 driver to handle a level 10 car.
By Hexagram
I have to say the X2010 is an absolute bitch to drive. :banghead:
By killem2
This game should have came to PC. Need for Speed Shift is sooo fun. I cannot wait for part 2. I love the direction Need for Speed series has no pun intended... Shifted.
By stonemonkey
Anyone having a go at GT Academy?

My best time so far, 2:22.208 The top time (UK) atm is 2:16.592 crazy driving.

Position, 1229th :(
By Bruno_Brazil
IC-10 is nearly impossible...I need some tips! anyone?
By myownalias

Have you watched the demo video in game of the test done to gold standard? It's one of the buttons at the bottom of the licence test screen before you start the test!
By Bruno_Brazil

Have you watched the demo video in game of the test done to gold standard? It's one of the buttons at the bottom of the licence test screen before you start the test!

That car seems to have more downforce than mine...

LOL
By Frontrunner
Need help!! Please!!
Don't have a clue how to setup a Nascar for oval tracks, I'm really having trouble with Daytona.
By scotty
I have to say the X2010 is an absolute bitch to drive. :banghead:

Yeah, managed to do that Vettel challenge on my mates' PS3 recently - hard to get the hang of how to drive the bugger especially on a pad where you can't quite control it as accurately. The Nurburgring one was solid... i got pretty quick around Suzuka though, close to the silver time.

See our F1 related articles too!