FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
I wonder what the fact that they are building their own engine has to say about their relationship with Mercedes?
building road car engines is one thing building F1 engines is another.

I does look nice, but not in the 350Z colour please.

i love the colour, paparya orange is the traditional colour for McLaren. obviously this is a burnt tiger mica type of colour but it looks nice.

A shiny gray F1 car and a shiny rust coloured road car. How do they pull it off?

I'd prefer it in black though.
Some features kinda remind me of other cars in this range, only this is slightly better. I like how they haven't decided to go to far down the electronics route too. It's no Lamborghini in the looks department mind, and the interior is pretty dull. Should hopefully make it for that with speed. :twisted:
Looks quite tame in terms of the styling. Kinda like the F1. I could never get excited about the way that car looked...

meh looks are secondary to the function of the design. youre meant to get excited by its performance. :D

but i haven't driven or been a passenger in either car...I know what you're saying but I'm a fan of stylish cars. It doesn't have to be loud, take the Carrera GT for example. I just think The McLaren F1 and this new car both look a bit...vague in their styling...
nah supercars are all about styling. they are a lifestyle accessory. that's why they look so different to actual race cars.

hmmm are we talking about the same thing?

yup. Look at any road-going supercar that has an equivalent running in the FIA GT or LMS series and look how different the bodywork is. One is designed to go as fast as possible, the other is designed to go quite fast but to sell as many as possible first and foremost.
nah supercars are all about styling. they are a lifestyle accessory. that's why they look so different to actual race cars.

hmmm are we talking about the same thing?

yup. Look at any road-going supercar that has an equivalent running in the FIA GT or LMS series and look how different the bodywork is. One is designed to go as fast as possible, the other is designed to go quite fast but to sell as many as possible first and foremost.

just take a look at Scottys sig and thats enough said.
I wonder what the fact that they are building their own engine has to say about their relationship with Mercedes?

There are also rumors that Brawn is getting closer than further away from Mercedes and Nico has options to go there instead of Macca. If run you conspiracy theory string from one article on your wall to the other... you might have something there..
The car's looks are nice enough, though not exactly new, but that's not the point of the car. A McLaren is about technology and driving experience. Also, I think it's great the McLaren Group is expanding. If he were alive, Bruce McLaren would be happy with things.

There are also rumors that Brawn is getting closer than further away from Mercedes and Nico has options to go there instead of Macca. If run you conspiracy theory string from one article on your wall to the other... you might have something there..

Na he wont go to Brawn. Norbert is talking about having talks with Nico for next season. He is talking from McLaren Mercedes stand point.
Remember McLaren are the Silver Arrows. Having Rosberg in a white Brawn is no different to having Sutil in a white Force India both German. Norbert and Mercedes want a German in the Silver Arrows. :wink:

and Yeah MF, Bruce always wanted a road car division. he did indeed build a few in his time.

Na he wont go to Brawn. Norbert is talking about having talks with Nico for next season. He is talking from McLaren Mercedes stand point.
Remember McLaren are the Silver Arrows. Having Rosberg in a white Brawn is no different to having Sutil in a white Force India both German. Norbert and Mercedes want a German in the Silver Arrows. :wink:

and Yeah MF, Bruce always wanted a road car division. he did indeed build a few in his time.

yeah i heard the deal is along the lines of, Macca get Nico, Williams get Mercs

Sir Frank was at Brands Hatch tho...soo

See our F1 related articles too!