FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By acosmichippo
acosmichippo

i don't do much tweeting, myself. just follow a few people for updates on what they do.
By LRW
Was just reading an interview with Ricky Gervais, and he had this to say on Twitter.....

There's a lovely openness to Twitter. Everyone sees everyone else's opinions but aren't swayed by it. Forums can be a bit more insular and stuck in their ways. They are often a dying breed who dwindle to a hardcore 12 people doing all the posts and agreeing with each other. New users, or people going against the flow, are shouted down and either conform or don't post any more. Twitter is too big for that to happen. Forums are like a prison wing run by one gang. Twitter is the outside world.

Surely that isnt us....?
By LRW
He's an idiot but he's pretty much bang on with what he says about forums.

Why do you think he is an idiot..?
By andrew

I don't find him funny - always seems like he's trying too hard to be funny. Maybe idiot is the wrong word. Obnoxious may have been better.
By LRW

I don't find him funny - always seems like he's trying too hard to be funny. Maybe idiot is the wrong word. Obnoxious may have been better.

I would agree that he can come across as obnoxious, or arrogant. However, I believe thats just a part of his persona that he plays up to infront of cameras. He was very funny on his Xfm show on Saturday afternoons, before he became too famous.

I think he can write great situation-comedy.
By myownalias
Was just reading an interview with Ricky Gervais, and he had this to say on Twitter.....

There's a lovely openness to Twitter. Everyone sees everyone else's opinions but aren't swayed by it. Forums can be a bit more insular and stuck in their ways. They are often a dying breed who dwindle to a hardcore 12 people doing all the posts and agreeing with each other. New users, or people going against the flow, are shouted down and either conform or don't post any more. Twitter is too big for that to happen. Forums are like a prison wing run by one gang. Twitter is the outside world.

Surely that isnt us....?

I sometimes think this is us; certain members make all the posts while outsiders are often beaten down especially if they support certain drivers or team. The amount of arguments that go around in circles here is astonishing, it really is... this is a large reason why I haven't been very active in the past few months!
By scotty
It factually does not apply to us, there's waaay to much arguing and disagreement for that. :hehe:

Considering that the online user record seems to be getting broken every year at one race or another, i don't think this place is dying :)
By myownalias
Considering that the online user record seems to be getting broken every year at one race or another, i don't think this place is dying :)

Active membership and posts does not agree with that statement; it just means that many have viewed pages, most never actually post anything!

The current score of 238 online also includes people finding the content in Search Engines and also robots, how many of those were actual members?
By scotty

Active membership and posts does not agree with that statement; it just means that many have viewed pages, most never actually post anything!

The current score of 238 online also includes people finding the content in Search Engines and also robots, how many of those were actual members?

Easily 3 digits, i am sure. I remember during the Canada 2011 Red Flag period how many people were online, it was crazy.
By LewEngBridewell

Easily 3 digits, i am sure. I remember during the Canada 2011 Red Flag period how many people were online, it was crazy.

:yes:

Yep, I remember that too. The Canadian GP thread was very busy.

I don't think the forum is dwindling by any means! Other forums are, but not this one. We've got newer regular members like Nin-Chin, 1Lemon, CookinFlat, TeamMcLarenF1 and the like, all of whom signed up last year at some point. Chatroom was MUCH better last year than in 2011. (Thanks to me pestering everyone to use it again, I might add). :hehe:
By 1Lemon
@thecrawford follow me or face the consequences!
By myownalias
@thecrawford follow me or face the consequences!

Threats are not acceptable on this forum, now face my consequences... :twisted::wink::hehe:
By andrew
https://twitter.com/roscoeANDlewis

Roscoe has a twitter account

I don't know what's sadder - making a Twitter account for your pet or someone following you pet. I mean what's a mutt going to Tweet about? Sniffing other dogs backsides, biting the postman, chasing sticks and peeing against trees? :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!