FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Will Jenson Button have at least one good performance in the remainder of the year?

Yes - he'll qualify well at least once, but no good performances in the races
11%
Yes - he'll do well in a race, but will have no good performances in qualifying
No votes
0%
Yes - he'll do well in both at least one qualifying session and one race
47%
No - it'll be mediocrity for the rest of the year.
42%
Don't know
No votes
0%
I'd be very happy to see Jenson return to forum, but it just keeps on getting worse. What do others think?

Has he ever been to the forum?

haha thats what I was thinking :hehe: .I wouldn't bet on him finding his way to the circuit at the moment.Hope he does though would be nice to see another british champ
I'd be very happy to see Jenson return to forum, but it just keeps on getting worse. What do others think?

OK, well spotted. I'll acknowledge that one time, but if this turns into a 20 page thread based on one typo, I'll be too busy to contribute significantly.

OK, well spotted. I'll acknowledge that one time, but if this turns into a 20 page thread based on one typo, I'll be too busy to contribute significantly.

:wink:
You see this sort of championship time and time again when the runaway leader goes through a bad patch but is somehow able to just do enough to win the title in the end. This is usually because they are able to dig themselves out of a hole for one last big-result.

I can see Jenson winning one more race this year and that will be enough for him to hobble over the line. I dunno I could be wrong.
You see this sort of championship time and time again when the runaway leader goes through a bad patch but is somehow able to just do enough to win the title in the end. This is usually because they are able to dig themselves out of a hole for one last big-result.

I can see Jenson winning one more race this year and that will be enough for him to hobble over the line. I dunno I could be wrong.

Well, yeah - problem is he doesn't do diddly-squat - the other drivers are doing it for him.
He's taken enough :censored: in his career, I don't think he's weak enough to blow his title shot without fighting til the end.

Well, he's not fighting too hard at the moment :-\

He's confused and frustrated, he'll get through it in time.

Maybe. Thing is, the last time a driver had such a bad run of results and still won the championship was Schumacher in 2000 where he retired from three consecutive grands prix (France, Austria, Germany) but that was preceded by a win and succeeded by two second places and four wins. In fact, going back all the way back to 1950, no driver has had five consecutive average-to-poor results and gone on to win the world championship.
He's taken enough :censored: in his career, I don't think he's weak enough to blow his title shot without fighting til the end.

Well, he's not fighting too hard at the moment :-\

He's confused and frustrated, he'll get through it in time.

Maybe. Thing is, the last time a driver had such a bad run of results and still won the championship was Schumacher in 2000 where he retired from three consecutive grands prix (France, Austria, Germany) but that was preceded by a win and succeeded by two second places and four wins. In fact, going back all the way back to 1950, no driver has had five consecutive average-to-poor results and gone on to win the world championship.

Ominous stats indeed :eek:

See our F1 related articles too!