FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Grosjean doing worse than Piquet?
You say that after 2 races of F1 experience.

:yes:

Piquet qualified 21st out of 22 runners in his first race and did not finish. He had all winter to test the R28 which was not as bad as the R29. Grosjean, meanwhile, qualified 14th out of 20 runners (breaking in to Q2 first time out) and finished the race in 15th having had no testing in the R29 whatsoever.

Piquet qualified 21st out of 22 runners in his first race and did not finish. He had all winter to test the R28 which was not as bad as the R29. Grosjean, meanwhile, qualified 14th out of 20 runners (breaking in to Q2 first time out) and finished the race in 15th having had no testing in the R29 whatsoever.

Why you nodding??

I agree with you there, i just think some drivers posses talent first time round. Like Buemi.

Why you nodding??

I was agreeing with what you were implying. ;)
Ah good as long as you aren't agreeing with Piquet is better than Grosjean. :D

I like how you made you point, 'tis very good :clap:
BREAKING NEWS: FIA to investigate races in which Piquet Jnr "suspiciously did NOT crash"

:hehe:

Something must have been wrong there.
A friend of mine said after Fernando's engine blew in Q he told the team to "fix the problem" now whether he meant race fix or fix the engine its hard to say now isnt it.... :hehe:

hehe, im sure the FIA have lots of communitcations with little indications like this :D
A friend of mine said after Fernando's engine blew in Q he told the team to "fix the problem" now whether he meant race fix or fix the engine its hard to say now isnt it.... :hehe:

Im shocked its taken this long for folk to start pointing the finger at Fernando! :hehe:

He actually had a fuel pump issue, so if your friend is getting the basic facts wrong; the more elusive ones are more likely completely off the mark.

I hope that this Friday the FIA declare the case not worthy of being brought to court.
From F1 Live:

Felipe Massa suspected Nelson Piquet crashed deliberately at Singapore last year and confronted Flavio Briatore about the incident in person, it has emerged.

It had been presumed in recent days that the source of the accusation must have been Piquet and his famous father, still furious after being recently ousted by Renault boss Briatore. But reports this week suggest that Massa immediately suspected that Piquet had been asked to crash on purpose so that the safety car would emerge and the sister Renault of Fernando Alonso would win the race.

"He crashed in a very strange way," TV Globo commentator Reginaldo Leme is quoted as saying. "It struck me when I was talking recently with Felipe Massa. Felipe had gone to Briatore and said, 'This crash was not right, it happened because you wanted it to'."

Leme also said other drivers had been suspicious of the Piquet crash.

Massa had led comfortably from pole position in Singapore last September until the Piquet safety car, but when he made his pitstop he then famously drove away with the fuel hose still attached. He lost the championship to Lewis Hamilton by a single point.

E.A. © CAPSIS International
Source: GMM

I'm not sure how relevant this is. I mean, plenty of people were making jokes about the crash being deliberate at the time, and Massa's head was away with it as the title battle was getting more intense.

See our F1 related articles too!