FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Dedicated to technical discussion...
Thats one of my damn fears with a usa team tex(among many others), I'm worried they'll also bring along the American kid who'll just shout **** like :"you Europeans are rubbish", "we invented cars!" "we're the greatest nation on earth!", hell they've already managed to invade numerous places on the internet. The Hamilton fanboys are bad enough - and thankfully no one actually likes jenson button.

Sorry for the rant, I'm feeling anti american this summer.
OK, trying to steer this thread away from anti americanism. Lets have a look why Ferrari is Red? Toyota is white? Honda was white? Audi's where silver?

It is all down to the nationality when cars started racing.... Italians are Red etc. So does it really matter what colour USF1 is as long as they do not turn into mobile chicanes that do more hasstle than good come a race weekend. I want to see more cars on the grid but personally I would like to see more good cars than also runs.
OK, trying to steer this thread away from anti americanism. Lets have a look why Ferrari is Red? Toyota is white? Honda was white? Audi's where silver?

It is all down to the nationality when cars started racing.... Italians are Red etc. So does it really matter what colour USF1 is as long as they do not turn into mobile chicanes that do more hasstle than good come a race weekend. I want to see more cars on the grid but personally I would like to see more good cars than also runs.

I think USF1 will make the best effort and progress of the new teams and I expect them to gain ground because they've set realistic goals, unlike BAR...
I agree, but BAR was run like a corporation and I am sure that is where it all fell down. much like many of the manufacturer teams. I remember Jackie Stewart saying about the downfall of Jaguar that it was because Ford tried running it as a department of the company and made it follow there business structure.

That is where I think Race Teams will do well as they are race teams and not having to beg money from the CEO of some corporate business and explain that they had come 19th and 20th it the last GP. All the CEO sees is Incoming/Outgoings and an F1 team is nothing more than a mobile advert for them. If the team is not making the company look good then what is the point in having it.

There are exceptions of course, Red Bull, I think is run as a race team because Dietrich Mateschitz is an entrepreneur who knows better than to mess with what his Team advisors say.

To certain state look how Honda/Brawn have transformed in the 2 years that Ross Brawn has been there. getting Honda to understand that having 15 meetings about what is wrong with the car and who's fault it is. instead, it is a case of there is a problem with the car lets fix it. (or try to at least)

USF1 are not a corporation and neither are any of the other new teams. The only down side is that they will not have 300million to spend on the car.

edited: I clicked send without finishing what I was going to say
Thats one of my damn fears with a usa team tex(among many others), I'm worried they'll also bring along the American kid who'll just shout **** like :"you Europeans are rubbish", "we invented cars!" "we're the greatest nation on earth!", hell they've already managed to invade numerous places on the internet. The Hamilton fanboys are bad enough - and thankfully no one actually likes jenson button.

Not all americans are like that yet I also understand your concern's :wink: .
its ok, I'm all vented out now :coffee::drink:

Aye it all started with nationality, I suppose its ok the fear I was mainly expressing is with f1 being "Americanised" - or at least a load of nationalistic fans who will blindly support them. But I'm very excited to see new cars on the grid, hopefully they'll do well and I really shouldn't prejudge.
The USF1 situation reminds me a little of the old Prost team (and a few others, such as Force India). Initially, Alain Prost wanted to have a fully French crew, so as the glory of France would be displayed. Things, however didn't quite work out like that, so outsiders had to be drafted in to try to save the sinking ship - including one of the old enemy: John Barnard. USF1 are doing well not to set out with holes in the vessel already. When they become established team and Formula One gets a little more , then they can employ more Americans.

Aye it all started with nationality, I suppose its ok the fear I was mainly expressing is with f1 being "Americanised" - or at least a load of nationalistic fans who will blindly support them.

You mean such as alot of UK fan's do with McLaren unknowingly that their origin's are Kiwi based and not British?

Aye it all started with nationality, I suppose its ok the fear I was mainly expressing is with f1 being "Americanised" - or at least a load of nationalistic fans who will blindly support them.

You mean such as alot of UK fan's do with McLaren unknowingly that their origin's are Kiwi based and not British?

Hey I've already mentioned Hamilton fanboys
I was being hypothetical - I've now decided that I should just chill and wait and see.

Also If I've offended, upset, annoyed or hurt anyone in any way I'd like to apologise.
I was being hypothetical - I've now decided that I should just chill and wait and see.

Also If I've offended, upset, annoyed or hurt anyone in any way I'd like to apologise.

After this:

I should bloody well think so

See our F1 related articles too!