FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By headless
Brundle is good, to give him his dues.
By EwanM
Brundle is good, to give him his dues.

He is.

Back on to Hunt, he left us far too early. He was in a period where he appeared far happier. He met a new woman, gave us the high life and was sorting him self out financially. Just such a shame
By headless
He did have it all.
By 7UpJordan
If James Hunt was still alive today, would he have gone across to ITV with Murray for 1997? And would he have been able to put up with James Allen when he came along?

Murray and James were the greatest commentating duo EVER.
By headless
Dunno about the putting up with Allen bit.
By McLaren Fan

Hunt would have told Allen to shut the f***, or something along those lines. :hehe:
By headless

Hunt would have told Allen to shut the f***, or something along those lines. :hehe:

Someone needed to.
By Amanda
I've just started reading his biography by Gerald Donaldson and thus far he's certainly living up to his reputation. He really was quite a character.
By EwanM
Yup he certainly was

Got a wife and kids in Baltimore Jack...
By emma
I've just started reading his biography by Gerald Donaldson and thus far he's certainly living up to his reputation. He really was quite a character.

I finished that not too long ago. Was a great read. Had me laughing and crying.

I'm gutted that I wasn't around to see James race. I think I would have suppoted him and Hesketh - I loved theit attitude to racing.
By Amanda

I finished that not too long ago. Was a great read. Had me laughing and crying.

I'm gutted that I wasn't around to see James race. I think I would have suppoted him and Hesketh - I loved theit attitude to racing.

Their 'no sponsors, we ride for Britain' attitude must have been quite the spectacle. I think I'd have been a fan too. :yes:
By emma
Their 'no sponsors, we ride for Britain' attitude must have been quite the spectacle.

Not to mention the gathering in a circle to pray to the, what was it? Great chicken in the sky or something? Lol, I loved that bit. Can you imagine what the teams now would think of that?

See our F1 related articles too!