FOTA or FIA

FOTA
100%
FIA
No votes
0%
By Gaz
Actually, neither.

ok so you don't want f1 to stay as it is, but you don't want a fota breakaway?

intresting explain?
By McLaren Fan
FOTA have come up with a couple of bad ideas (both in the past and present), but between them and the FIA, I support FOTA.
By f1ea
FOTA.
I support the teams, the drivers, the engineers and technical crew.
They can find a way (and someone) to do FIA's and FOM's jobs, whereas FIA and FOM have pretty much nowhere to look for the job the FOTA members do.
By Denthúl
Actually, neither.

ok so you don't want f1 to stay as it is, but you don't want a fota breakaway?

intresting explain?

The FIA are a complete cock-up, but I still don't believe in FOTA's ability to govern a sport and manage the commercial aspects without any outside assistance.
By McLaren Fan
I think they could manage something. FOTA haven't ruled out giving Ecclestone some involvement in the new series as well...
By f1ea
The FIA are a complete chicken-up, but I still don't believe in FOTA's ability to govern a sport and manage the commercial aspects without any outside assistance.

That's the interesting part. FOTA has never said it would be the one doing the policying.
I'm 99.9% certain :) more than just one sports organisation would be able to police the FOTA series. And they will all soon be offering their services... so its up to FOTA to provide the basis for the proposals, rather than do the policying themselves.

I think Bernie will become FOTA's assistant.
By Jensonb
Bernie is not necessary. The MotoGP crowd could do it, and without the political baggage of Ecclestone/FOM
By JuiceMcGoose
Let's see, a billion dollar fine, uneven race penalties, races going to the highest bidder and how about the race in Malaysia this year when they held it in the time of day when there is always a downpour so it could be viewed in Europe in prime time. Owners of FIA are first concerned about profits.
By darwin dali
Let's see, a billion dollar fine, uneven race penalties, races going to the highest bidder and how about the race in Malaysia this year when they held it in the time of day when there is always a downpour so it could be viewed in Europe in prime time. Owners of FIA are first concerned about profits.

???
By myownalias
I say neither side, both sides have acted like spoilt brats, six of one, half dozen of the other!

See our F1 related articles too!