FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
So the brans GM will have left will be

GMC
Cadillac
Buick
Chevrolet
Holden
Daewoo
Wuling

I was surprised to see news of Pontiac being canned a few weeks back; here in Kansas; every third car I see is a Pontiac; usually a Grand Prix!

:rofl:

You see that car everywhere over here too. In fact, one of my close friends has one. :rofl:

In all seriousness I was surprised they canned Pontiac too. I dont know why they still have Buick though, I dont think they've made a decent car... ever.
Dropping Pontiac isn't a big change. You just remove all the Pontiac emblems and the other slightly different trim pieces from the assembly line.

You can't say Buick has not made a decent car. For one thing Buick does not make cars. Secondly, The Buick version of whatever car can't be any better or worse than its Chev or Pontiac or Olds twin. Thirdly, I will now name some decent Buicks:
Grand National and GNX
Lacross Super (btw in Canada the Lacross is called Allure)
Enclave(not that I like that class of car, but if you do then it would be the favorite)
1970 GSX
1961 invicta
as a loyal saab owner this is great news. all gm did to saab was cheapen up the production costs.gm really made a mess of it really glad to see them gone.my 91 9000 turbo is not gm touched-yahoo to that. burt.
It fell through today. oh dear!

That's a real shame, I was looking forward to some hot Saab's :( Seems GM is upsetting people not selling off parts of the company after the Opel/Vauxhall deal feel through!
The fact of the matter is.... Most US made cars suck when compared to cars from Europe or Asia... with the exception of Rover & Tata :hehe:

I still think lowering the price of these cars dramatically will make people buy them. You see factory car parks crowded with unsold cars.... instead of having them line up there, never to be sold..... sell them cheaper!!!
The fact of the matter is.... Most US made cars suck when compared to cars from Europe or Asia... with the exception of Rover & Tata :hehe:

I still think lowering the price of these cars dramatically will make people buy them. You see factory car parks crowded with unsold cars.... instead of having them line up there, never to be sold..... sell them cheaper!!!

Define 'US made'. Many non-US car makers (incl., e.g., Mercedes, Toyota, etc.) have plants in the US! Opel is/was a subsidy of GM and produces European cars...
Well... It's sad to think od the demise of Saab, but this particular economic sinkhole is quite bigger than most. It wreaked serious havok on all the carmakers, so it's reasonable to expect once mighty brands to disappear, just as they have in decades past. Saab was effectively just a nameplate once GM became 100% owner of it anyway. To enter the industry today is suicide so I can't expect anyone to step up to build new planned Saabs. If they do they'll fail for sure. I don't care who they are. Some guys tried this buy buying Rover for a dollar and look what happened there.

See our F1 related articles too!