FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By madbrad
Berger wanted to get in the williams then too. He said a monkey could win races in it. That doesn't speak too kindly about the ones that were winning races in it.

One funny moment I can remember is when Berger glued boxing gloves to Senna's steering wheel after Senna had punched Irvine in the face for that mistake that took out about 4 cars including Senna.
By scotty
that wasn't as silly as Damon Hill winning it

:nono: What's the logic there?
By GarethStr
When Montoya threw the toys out the pram for getting hit by a camera. And then when DC took the piss out of at a later time. That was pretty funny. And ITV's tribute to F1 at the end of the 2008 season.

Also who can forget 2006 Hungaroring James Allen, actually a lot of James Allen moments.

:director:BRING JAMES ALLEN BACK!
By Gilles 27

well Jacques was faster than Damon, basically. Neither of them would have won a WDC in equal cars against Schumacher and Hakkinen and the like but Damon has to be one of the least talented drivers to ever win the WDC. At least Jacques had some serious raw speed.
By madbrad
Oh C'mon Damon can't be that bad. :rofl: Well I know what you mean but there has to be worse champions than he.
Damon Hill Makes Me Sick:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ-MPOUBNMA
I didn't really see JV being any better though. FW wanted to favour him other than he was more of a damn the torpedoes swashbuckler whereas Damon seemed to approach it as a job. Damon did race hard to beat Prost. IN France 1993 he was ordered to stay behind Prost.
By 7UpJordan

well Jacques was faster than Damon, basically. Neither of them would have won a WDC in equal cars against Schumacher and Hakkinen and the like but Damon has to be one of the least talented drivers to ever win the WDC. At least Jacques had some serious raw speed.

Like I said before, the team turned against Damon and favoured Jacques - except for the outgoing Adrian Newey who supported Damon to the last lap at Suzuka.
By racechick

Like I said before, the team turned against Damon and favoured Jacques - except for the outgoing Adrian Newey who supported Damon to the last lap at Suzuka.

Wasnt that partly why Newey left? Because he had no say and was pissed off at the treatment of Damon?
By 7UpJordan

Wasnt that partly why Newey left? Because he had no say and was pissed off at the treatment of Damon?

It sure was, because Damon was already on his way out Frank badly wanted the number 1 on his car for 1997 and not an Arrows. What goes around comes around, I guess Williams' failure to win a race since 2004 is probably payback for Damon being booted out.

Hey that's an idea, maybe Damon could replace Kazuki. :D
By cap-dude
Oh C'mon Damon can't be that bad. :rofl: Well I know what you mean but there has to be worse champions than he.

Keke Rosberg 1982? Only won a single race, and only won by 5 points over Didier Pironi who had sadly injured himself and didn't compete in the final 5 races.

But honestly, I don't think there's such a thing as an undeserving champion.
By EwanM
Rosberg was a deserved champion, just as if Pironi would have been if he hadn't had that terrible Hockenheim accident.
By scotty

Well, i'd agree that Villeneuve was outright faster, but to be fair to Damon his speed was quite underrated, and then there's his well-documented racecraft; also i could name several drives by him that were just stunning, drives of a champion if you will. :P I'd also definitely say that Hill would have made less of a meal of winning the '97 title than Villeneuve did....
By 7UpJordan
Well, i'd agree that Villeneuve was outright faster, but to be fair to Damon his speed was quite underrated, and then there's his well-documented racecraft; also i could name several drives by him that were just stunning, drives of a champion if you will. :P I'd also definitely say that Hill would have made less of a meal of winning the '97 title than Villeneuve did....

:yes::yes::yes:

And Schumacher wouldn't have even been a threat to Damon.

See our F1 related articles too!