FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By madbrad

It has also been brought to my attention that Porker is not an acceptable term for Porsche,

Who told you that?

A bit harsh :D

Oink, oink!

Don't know what's harsh about it, I just linked a pic of a real Porsche racecar. That livery is real.
By darwin dali

It has also been brought to my attention that Porker is not an acceptable term for Porsche,

Who told you that?

A bit harsh :D

Oink, oink!

Don't know what's harsh about it, I just linked a pic of a real Porsche racecar. That livery is real.

Wamms, Ohrlappen, Haxen, Schwanz? Rather unflattering body parts associated with a Porsche :hehe:
By scotty
Hang on isn't a schwanz a d!ck or something? :rofl: I dunno what the others are.
By darwin dali
Hang on isn't a schwanz a d!ck or something? :rofl: I dunno what the others are.

It can be in a offensive way, but usually it's the tail...
That pig of a car the 917, designed in 1969 holds the speed record around Le Mans to this day, and held the distance record until 2010. :yes:
Here's another "pig" This one in yellow. Don't watch the first video if you want to avoid the feeling of inadequacy for the remainder of the day. :wink:

[youtube]w6Thomd4BQg[/youtube]
[youtube]U9QoL0J0vSM[/youtube]
By scotty
RUF? Bloody hell... :hehe: i met the owner some years ago at Goodwood, and asked him why he didn't just build some original cars rather than scavenging 911's, albeit in a less blunt way - he didn't like that.
Can't fault the logic of starting out with the best platform available at the time. 212.5 miles per hour in 1988 by a road car more than justifies their decision.
By scotty
That's not my point though, they act like they're a legit car company when it's really just a tuning company, and that annoys me...
That's not my point though, they act like they're a legit car company when it's really just a tuning company, and that annoys me...

Well, there's a synergy both in spirit and finance. It's no different than AMG and Mercedes. Porsche did take quite a bit of the aero design modifications in that car and applied them to their 964 model released in 1989.
By madbrad
Hey what's that pickup they're building in there?
The 991 is going to be a pretty damned solid foundation in GT class in the coming years.
[youtube]OnSpVN0-wio[/youtube]

See our F1 related articles too!