FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
RIP, and thanks for the memories... i still remember the exact words on the teletext when i found out and my dad's reaction, even though i was only 8. What a crazy day.
RIP, and thanks for the memories... i still remember the exact words on the teletext when i found out and my dad's reaction, even though i was only 8. What a crazy day.

Yeh was the same but my dad was watching it i didn't really realise what had happened until he explained it to me.

Such a Great loss.
I was just two years old, so clearly its not something I remember.

I always find it weird talking about Senna. I obviously was too young to have ever watched him drive, but I do watch classic GP's from time to time. But all the same, I think Senna is someone you had to be there to witness how truly great he was. Something unfortunately most of can't do. But all the same, a name which will never be forgotten.
Daym I guess I am old

:yes:

I'm like a fine wine though, I get better with age and experience :wink: . I still get told I dont look a day older than 30-35 so I must be doing something right?
Daym I guess I am old

:yes:

I'm like a fine wine though, I get better with age and experience :wink: . I still get told I dont look a day older than 30-35 so I must be doing something right?

You have good freinds then :twisted:
I was 27.
I never ever ever miss a race, and wouldn't you know it, that was the one race I did not see live because the cable was out. It was out for the whole day, which was unusual. Our F1 coverage was not as good then, no practice or qualli broadcasts, and no news outlets ever talk about F1, so I didn't even know about Roland or Ruben's crash. It was on rhe news that evening, about 5 seconds was devoted to all 3 accidents. Goes without saying but I was utterly mortified. I taped the rerun they put on that night. TSN always reran the races about 12 hours later. Looking a the 3 accidents, Ayrton's appeared the least violent. The wishbone to the head was quite a random method of dying. Other than that the cars were plenty safe. it could possibly happen today. Some safety aspects of the car can never be fully addressed. Evil visited Imola that weekend. It wasn't going to leave without the big prize.
Senna was one in a kind, I don't need to go say anything because its been said so many times before. However he will always live forever in F1 fan's minds around the world - much like Clark or Villeneuve, only greater.
Senna was one in a kind, I don't need to go say anything because its been said so many times before. However he will always live forever in F1 fan's minds around the world - much like Clark or Villeneuve, only greater.

Yeh Gilles was especialy a shame because he never really had enough time to win a WDC and he proberly would of given the right car
I was very young, I only remember bits of the race and I had no idea about Ratzenburger and Barichello at the time. It's one of the first things I remember of F1. I think even at the time, the accident didn't look overly dangerous, the car took a while to slow down and it was a glancing blow. It goes to show that you can't be complacent about these things.

See our F1 related articles too!