FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Definitely a very crazy start to the season but I think we should all be excited about all the new powers that are on track? Ferrari and McLaren cannot and will not win every race,WDC,WCC championship and that is what makes F1 so intriguing, the underdogs.
I hated the Safety Car start. It was unnecessary

No, it was necessary based on the conditions we saw on TV and based on the drivers' team radios.

Ach I dno, the FIA are too infrequent with their SC decisions. Why there wasn't one for Sutil (not that they needed it) when they were quite happy to bring out a Second one for the Kubica/Trulli Incident.
Now I know it was a case of Debris, but Sutil's accident did create just as much, heck Heidfeld hit it and dropped four places.

Yep, I was counting on Heidfeld collecting some points, instead he collected a flying tire with some debris. I find it interesting Glock and 3 other drivers were allowed to pass Heidfeld in that corner and the corner after that considering all the debris everywhere. Also, a few people on this board went crazy because Kubica's tire came off in Austrialia, yet everyone's all quit about Sutil's flying tire.
As much as I want Lewis to win another WDC, I really like how almost any team (except maybe Force India) has a chance at winning a race this year. Seriously, it's really cool that so far the only teams to win races are mid-pack teams from last year. Maybe if we're really lucky, this year will set the record for the most number of different drivers to win a GP-wouldn't that be awesome and exciting? Vettel is a most excellent driver but I think the win in China is due to Newey's brilliant design. You think the Brawn cars are fast? Imagine the Red Bull cars when Newey gets the new diffuser figured out and they start using the KERS. As for my boy, Lewis, he was driving on the edge the whole race, took risks, drove hard and had a great result. Heikki needed the results he had, it was the confidence booster he needed to help McLaren get some points on the board. This has been the best season so far-except for all the controversy, courtroom drama, stewards decisions and overabundance of rain.
I think the record was broken last season. But, we can always break it again!!! :D

I don't want Red Bull to have KERS. The Magic Diffuser (I still want to use my term) will be an interesting accessory. As Christian Horner said:

"It's just an unbelievable result. We've got a great car, a great team, great drivers, a single diffuser and we have a double one to come, so we're looking good. The whole team and company can be very proud of this moment."

I couldn't agree more. But I don't want the gamble to fail. I know it sounds stupid, but it could make the cur unlucky. Perhaps the single diffuser is the Lucky Diffuser... :rofl:
Has Mclaren given any explanation why they pitted HK after Lewis even though he could have completed several more laps?

probably tyre related.

No. HK didn't mention having any problems prior to pitting. He himself was wondering what the reason for bringing him in was.
Has Mclaren given any explanation why they pitted HK after Lewis even though he could have completed several more laps?

probably tyre related.

No. HK didn't mention having any problems prior to pitting. He himself was wondering what the reason for bringing him in was.

No? how do you know? He was? where?
I think the record was broken last season. But, we can always break it again!!! :D

I don't want Red Bull to have KERS. The Magic Diffuser (I still want to use my term) will be an interesting accessory. As Christian Horner said:

"It's just an unbelievable result. We've got a great car, a great team, great drivers, a single diffuser and we have a double one to come, so we're looking good. The whole team and company can be very proud of this moment."

I couldn't agree more. But I don't want the gamble to fail. I know it sounds stupid, but it could make the cur unlucky. Perhaps the single diffuser is the Lucky Diffuser... :rofl:

KERs has ineffectively failed...I doubt RBR will be running Renault's KERs and Webber most certainly won't.

KERs has ineffectively failed...I doubt RBR will be running Renault's KERs and Webber most certainly won't.

McLaren KERS works well and Ferrari's is not bad when it's not exploding.

But taking into account of the performance of KERs with the other teams...

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=45583

But taking into account of the performance of KERs with the other teams...

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=45583

If effectively packaged it should give quite a decent advantage.

probably tyre related.

In the post race interview in Finnish.

probably tyre related.

Could be a safty gamble with cars going off so often perhaps they didn't want to risk him being caught out.

probably tyre related.

Could be a safty gamble with cars going off so often perhaps they didn't want to risk him being caught out.

Here's a link:
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.s ... /04/861546

I'll translate what he said after being questioned about the timing of his first pit stop:

"-You'd have to ask the team. It might have been because a Renault was infront of me and I was catching up. Maybe the team thought I wouldn't be able to overtake and would get stuck behind it. But as it turned out on my in lap the Renault ran wide and I was able to get past it.

-I felt like it would have been better to stay out because after the pit stop I got stuck behind Sutil for a few laps. I'll have to ask the team if there was some other reason for the stop because I had loads of fuel left."

See our F1 related articles too!