FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By darwin dali
Awww :(

TV's Formula One beauty Lee McKenzie on why she won't party with the drivers
Mar 8 2009 By Heather Greenaway

'I'd never dream of stripping off for a men's magazine'

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/tv-showbiz- ... -21181573/

I don't think we need her to mate, she's pretty lovely already

You don't think we need her to mate??? :yikes::twisted::whip::P
By sax2basix
Well I've tried to reserve judgement and give the BBC time to settle in but unfortunately I really can't hold back any longer.

I think the BBC coverage is crap :banghead:.............well not the coverage per se..........but the feel of it. Not sure if it's just me or not but I am disappointed that there seems to be a complete lack of passion or emotion. Do you not think that the presenters are as wooden as if they were reading off an autocue. Coulthard and Jordan are sooooooo painful to watch and Jake Humphrey is just as bad. It just feels flat, flat, flat. :thumbdown:

Bring back ITV............I can cope with the ads. Gives me time to nip to the loo and make a brew without kicking myself for missing something good :hehe:
By McLaren Fan
What I think is tacky is that they can't even get a studio. :banghead2:
By McLaren Fan
I also have to differ about McKenzie. In some photographs she looks nice, but in others she looks pretty ordinary.
By 7UpJordan

I thought they were supposed to have a nice comfy studio. Still it's better than Steve Rider and Mark Blundell loitering outside Hamilton's garage constantly.
By sax2basix

I thought they were supposed to have a nice comfy studio. Still it's better than Steve Rider and Mark Blundell loitering outside Hamilton's garage constantly.

LOL.............thats where I'd be loitering if I had the opportunity :lurker:

:rofl:
By EwanM
Well I think the BBC coverage was bleedin' crap today.
Brundle and Legard kept missing things which were happening before his eyes.
And so much for their forum. :rolleyes:
By McLaren Fan
If there's one thing more tacky than not having your own studio, it's having to use a team's hospitality suite as a studio. :blush: I know the BBC are trying to do things on a reasonable budget, which is fair enough, but they could almost do with saying bye bye to the clueless Eddie Jordan and using the money for a studio. It doesn't have to be anything fancy: a portacabin with a desk and a TV set would be more than adequate.
By EwanM
If there's one thing more tacky than not having your own studio, it's having to use a team's hospitality suite as a studio. :blush: I know the BBC are trying to do things on a reasonable budget, which is fair enough, but they could almost do with saying bye bye to the clueless Eddie Jordan and using the money for a studio. It doesn't have to be anything fancy: a portacabin with a desk and a TV set would be more than adequate.

What the hell is up with the "Countdown" to the race, or those "THE Formula Features"
And where the hell was the Forum - ok I know there wasn't much to round up, but they surely have to keep their word. They are a public service broadcaster.
Eddie Jordan changes his opinion after every sentence!
By Jensonb

Jake says it's more about the practicalities than money. FOM won't let them have anywhere good for it.

Also, the only reason they used the Hospitality Suite is because it was raining.

Still, FOM needs to provide adequate space in a decent position for the broadcasters who want to to set up studios. Mind you, they ought to provide proper 16:9 graphics to the 16:9 feed too, and they don't do that either.
By powotae
I don't really mind the differences in commentary quality.

What I can't stand is the BBC's incompetence at the start of the highlights program.
Just at the time the highlights program on BBC3 was due to start they announced the result in a news bulletin.

That is the sole reason I registered for these forums. To show other people how the BBC messed up, and warn them to make sure they miss the beginning of the highlights shows if they do not want to know the result.
By Jensonb
I don't really mind the differences in commentary quality.

What I can't stand is the BBC's incompetence at the start of the highlights program.
Just at the time the highlights program on BBC3 was due to start they announced the result in a news bulletin.

That is the sole reason I registered for these forums. To show other people how the BBC messed up, and warn them to make sure they miss the beginning of the highlights shows if they do not want to know the result.

You mean in 60 Seconds? Surely they said something like "Mute it and look away if you don't wanna know"? They did last week.

Anyway, ITV did similar things all the time, it's unavoidable.
By EwanM

Jake says it's more about the practicalities than money. FOM won't let them have anywhere good for it.

Also, the only reason they used the Hospitality Suite is because it was raining.

Still, FOM needs to provide adequate space in a decent position for the broadcasters who want to to set up studios. Mind you, they ought to provide proper 16:9 graphics to the 16:9 feed too, and they don't do that either.

They need 16:9 for sure.
They also need HD!

See our F1 related articles too!